The Student Room Group

Queens and UU Social work applicants 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1480
oh right ok:smile: Did you enjoy the night? Loads of people there! I got all excited haha:smile:
Reply 1481
Original post by anne12345
Sorry... but what is a ppd?

I think they are what the lecturer was telling us at queens last night..practice development days. You do liike extra things that can contribute to your learniing etc..

Here's the stuff I found on qub website on them:smile:

https://www.qub.ac.uk/schools/SchoolofSociologySocialPolicySocialWork/Education/PracticeDevelopmentDays/
practise placement development
yea
Ah thanks!! I really enjoyed the Queen's info evening too. Confirmed the RGR today, can't wait now til September.
Reply 1485
Original post by anne12345
Ah thanks!! I really enjoyed the Queen's info evening too. Confirmed the RGR today, can't wait now til September.

I confirmed too! :smile:
I confirmed rgr at qub today!! So excited after last night really felt at home there already!!!!
Reply 1487
Original post by waveydavey!
I confirmed rgr at qub today!! So excited after last night really felt at home there already!!!!

Classmates ayyy haha :smile:
Original post by waveydavey!

I felt the same!! It was a lovely welcoming environment, I feel it will be a really good choice and we'll all enjoy it.
We'll all have to arrange to meet up in September! x
Reply 1489
Yes, we should meet up before orientation! I really felt at home there too!
What dates does it start in qub x
I think it says on UCAS it starts on 28th but they said last night you must come in the week before for induction etc
Has anyone tried to register with the NISCC yet? I tried to do it to get it over and done with but it ended up melting my head. There are 'help' buttons dotted about but they just tell you to fill out all the boxes.

I got to the end of it (I think) but it states I have to send in verified ID documents. That's grand but I'm not employed in the sector so my only verification option is 'a suitable person'. Now I know I can't get my milk man to sign it, I presume it must be along the lines of a passport counter-signature, a teacher, solicitor, civil servant?!

I'll give them a bell tomorrow when the office is open, I am just impatient.
Reply 1493
Original post by RangerDanger
Has anyone tried to register with the NISCC yet? I tried to do it to get it over and done with but it ended up melting my head. There are 'help' buttons dotted about but they just tell you to fill out all the boxes.

I got to the end of it (I think) but it states I have to send in verified ID documents. That's grand but I'm not employed in the sector so my only verification option is 'a suitable person'. Now I know I can't get my milk man to sign it, I presume it must be along the lines of a passport counter-signature, a teacher, solicitor, civil servant?!

I'll give them a bell tomorrow when the office is open, I am just impatient.

I havent tried yet, but at the qub open night one of the current students said that the helpline is useful and they can talk you through everything:smile:

Where have you gotten offers for? :smile:
Original post by mmq02
I havent tried yet, but at the qub open night one of the current students said that the helpline is useful and they can talk you through everything:smile:

Where have you gotten offers for? :smile:

Cheers, I'll call them tomorrow its just once I get an idea in my head I want things done here and now! Got offers for Magee and Queens, 3 years. Are you for queens yourself?
Reply 1495
Sounds good! I firmed the 2yr RGR route at queens so if you take the 3 year, we'll have classes together! good luck with your decisions, its hard deciding haha.
I thought we had to fill out our as12 form in august before registering with niscc as it confirms our place / enrolment with the university??
Reply 1497
Thats what i thought too vis1985....because on NISCC you have to register as a student social worker and you cannot do that until you have filled out your AS12 which confirms your status as a student
Original post by mmq02
Thats what i thought too vis1985....because on NISCC you have to register as a student social worker and you cannot do that until you have filled out your AS12 which confirms your status as a student

ah right sorry must have misheard
Reply 1499
They fired a lot of info at us don't worrry hahaha

Quick Reply

Latest