The Student Room Group

Ccea m1 as 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Golden hawk
For question 3 I got the tension was 118 N and the reaction from the wall was 24.3 N and for question 8 I got that force X was 81.4 N. For question 7 I remember using trigonometry to get an angle and then taking moments about A to find the reaction at C and then to find the reaction at A you took the weight of the ladder and you took it away from the vertical component of the reaction at C. I don't remember what I got for this question and the two trains definitely met at 400s. Can someone confirm if my methods or answers are correct

I did exactly the same as you and got the same answers.
Reply 21
For question 3 I got the tension was 118 N and the reaction from the wall was 24.3 N and for question 8 I got that force X was 81.4 N. For question 7 I remember using trigonometry to get an angle and then taking moments about A to find the reaction at C and then to find the reaction at A you took the weight of the ladder and you took it away from the vertical component of the reaction at C. I don't remember what I got for this question and the two trains definitely met at 400s. Can someone confirm if my methods or answers are correct

I know where I went wrong in question 4. I accidently wrote down 260s=4minutes instead of 160s. Too late now. I can't believe I did so badly...
You really don't know how devastated I am right now.
I took the reaction at the wall to be perpendicular to the ladder because it was placed at the corner the reaction would have both be pushing the ladder to the left and up. Then resolved the weight of the ladder it was parallel to the reaction. I may have resolved incorrectly... Then the sum of the force facing up and down would have been equal to 0 as they were in equilibrium. I know my value for X is wrong because I forgot how to deal with objects accelerating on an inclined plain.
I'm doomed
Original post by NekoJyo
I know where I went wrong in question 4. I accidently wrote down 260s=4minutes instead of 160s. Too late now. I can't believe I did so badly...
You really don't know how devastated I am right now.
I took the reaction at the wall to be perpendicular to the ladder because it was placed at the corner the reaction would have both be pushing the ladder to the left and up. Then resolved the weight of the ladder it was parallel to the reaction. I may have resolved incorrectly... Then the sum of the force facing up and down would have been equal to 0 as they were in equilibrium. I know my value for X is wrong because I forgot how to deal with objects accelerating on an inclined plain.
I'm doomed

But 4 minutes equals 240s
I got the same answers as those, I have my question paper home with me if anyone wants me to take a picture of any of the questions so they can double check what they got to see if it's right
Original post by caoimheb100
I got the same answers as those, I have my question paper home with me if anyone wants me to take a picture of any of the questions so they can double check what they got to see if it's right

Could you that would be great.
Reply 25
But 4 minutes equals 240s

Silly me. I 'm not even thinking straight. I'm very annoyed with myself and I have a cold and I'm about to start crying.
Hopefully the grade boundaries will drop, I completely messed up the last question too because I didn't take X to be horizontal and I put it it parallel to the plane, this means I won't even get diagram marks, so so annoyed
Does anyone know what the raw mark grade boundaries for the m1 exams usually are. Would 60 out of 75 be an A
Reply 28
Hopefully the grade boundaries will drop, I completely messed up the last question too because I didn't take X to be horizontal and I put it it parallel to the plane, this means I won't even get diagram marks, so so annoyed

I need a B in Maths to get into uni. I'm sitting on a C at AS (I got Cs in M1 and C1, D in C2, and a U in S1 - I am repeating them all (I did no work last year because I think I had a form of depression)). I'm in a better place mentally now and I really want to do well and I know I'm good at maths, today was just a bad day. I can't help but panic now though.
Original post by NekoJyo
I need a B in Maths to get into uni. I'm sitting on a C at AS (I got Cs in M1 and C1, D in C2, and a U in S1 - I am repeating them all (I did no work last year because I think I had a form of depression)). I'm in a better place mentally now and I really want to do well and I know I'm good at maths, today was just a bad day. I can't help but panic now though.

If you don't mind me asking what was your raw marks for all those modules to get those grades. It should say on the results statement sheet.
Reply 30
If you don't mind me asking what was your raw marks for all those modules to get those grades. It should say on the results statement sheet.

I'll have to find it when I get home
Reply 31
what was the size of the force holding the ball in place in number 3?
Original post by Itsmeey
what was the size of the force holding the ball in place in number 3?

I got 118 N for the tension and 24.3 N for the reaction
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 33
I got 119 N for the tension and 24.3 N for the reaction

what was the question again? I'm trying to remember the diagram?
Original post by Itsmeey
what was the question again? I'm trying to remember the diagram?

The diagram showed a 40 N force pushing a ball of mass 10 kg against the wall at an angle of 30 degrees to the horizontal and the ball is held in equilibrium by a light inextensible string at an angle of 5 degrees to the wall
Reply 35
thankyouuu! i got the same answers as you! does anyone have answers for number 6?
Reply 36
Could you please upload the question paper asap?
Overall what did everyone think of the difficulty of the paper, I thought it was quite easy apart form question 6
Reply 38
Yeah I got those as well! What did everyone get for the total distance travelled, i think i got 24.9

Same :smile:
Could someone please upload the question paper!!! It would be very useful, think I messed up big time :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending