The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Desouza123
There was a balancing equation for C2??? I think i missed that out what part of the paper was it and how many marks??

Near the middle and one mark
Original post by Jules12345
Near the middle and one mark

Damn what did it tell u to balance
Original post by Jamesosborne
What points did everyone actually make for the 6 marker ? c2

Direct Proportionality up until 0.7n/dcm3, with an anomalous result in experiment 3.

With each 0.1 increase the temperature increased by 5degrees

Maximum ΔT(temperature change) or energy output for the given exothermic reaction had been reached
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 743
Original post by sushiman123
For the ions test I wrote like
Iron (II) ions Sulfate ions
Instead of Iron (II) Sulfate
Don't ask why I have no idea.
Will I still get the marks?

Omg same! :frown:
Reply 744
Guys for the filling in the gap questions the second gap was carbon 12 but I wrote the symbol C with it's atomic and mass number '6' and '12' would I still get a mark?
What did we right for the question on B3 about comparing the 2 methods of getting the concentration of barium hydroxide? (5 marks) I found that difficult.
Original post by rumana101
for the first question on c3 were they asking for the actual names of the elements of the symbols?

i think the words but they more often than not allow both, they will allow the symbols cos it was a chem exam, i did words because i think its clearere, it would be mean to disallow either
Reply 747
Original post by Palette
Would

1) fuels
2) production of esters for perfumes

get two marks?

I put that too, scared they might say no as it is sort of given
Original post by neil20143
Didn't see a thread for the C2 & C3 thread so thought I should start one! How are you guys feeling about the Thursday exam? Predictions? Good exam tips? Post them here!

I thought the tests were easy does someone want to make an unofficial mark scheme?
Original post by ciarayh
i think the words but they more often than not allow both, they will allow the symbols cos it was a chem exam, i did words because i think its clearere, it would be mean to disallow either

It said the symbols of the elements not the words
Original post by LauraAdrianna
How did you guys find the exams today ?????

I found C2..... weird. It wasn't necessarily hard or easy it just seemed strange.
The six marker really really threw me and I know I got the empirical formula wrong. I was hoping to get around 48/60 but I think I'd be lucky to get 42 at a push.
Hopefully my B2 and physics will save my grade!!!
Original post by chloemurphy1999
for c3 what were the uses of ethanol? You had to give 2 but i could only remember fuels :frown:

i put in perfume and as a solvent xx
Original post by morrissies
I found C2..... weird. It wasn't necessarily hard or easy it just seemed strange.
The six marker really really threw me and I know I got the empirical formula wrong. I was hoping to get around 48/60 but I think I'd be lucky to get 42 at a push.
Hopefully my B2 and physics will save my grade!!!

was the empirical formula br3o2?
If you added up the scores for C1, C2, C3 and ISA, how many marks out of 230 do you think it will be for an A?
I know we haven't done C1 yet but just based on these papers and last years grade boundaries?
Original post by Dropthebase
It said the symbols of the elements not the words

oooh:frown: do you think they will allow words? did they acctually say give your answer as a symbol?
Empirical formula I got Pb2O3?
Original post by Dropthebase
was the empirical formula br3o2?

It was PB2O3

PB is lead
Original post by ciarayh
oooh:frown: do you think they will allow words? did they acctually say give your answer as a symbol?

Most likely but is said symbol but they won't mark you down for the word :smile:
Any one have any grade boundary predictions?
Original post by XxRAEXx
Any one have any grade boundary predictions?

C2: 49/60 for A*

C3: 44/60 for A*

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending