The Student Room Group

ocr (not MEI) FP1 Thursday 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

I thought this was harder than last years. Had last years for my mock and 100 ums. This one not feeling it :/
Reply 41
I'm definite i got a U in that paper
Reply 42
Grade boundaries for E?
Reply 43
can anyone remember the allocation of marks for each question?

found the paper a lot easier than last year's! although the i screwed up 10(i) and the intersection of the loci:frown:
Reply 44
Original post by arabinthemist
I thought this was harder than last years. Had last years for my mock and 100 ums. This one not feeling it :/

Really? Thought it was a lot easier than last years paper but really time-pressured. It seemed very long as the matrix transformation stuff took a while to get. 100 UMS for last years ooh buddy not bad haha
Much easier than last years
Last question I got 77, but think thats wrong. I went and expanded the full thing. Messed up the sum to infinity one as well, but that was just a careless error
Anyone remember how many marks the argand diagram question was? I think it was 4 can't be too sure, I know I dropped marks on that question, accidentally used centre and half line from (-2) on the y axis :frown:, anyways looking at previous mark schemes that would still score me 2 or 3 marks depending on how many were available.
Original post by Uba1dHoque
Anyone remember how many marks the argand diagram question was? I think it was 4 can't be too sure, I know I dropped marks on that question, accidentally used centre and half line from (-2) on the y axis :frown:, anyways looking at previous mark schemes that would still score me 2 or 3 marks depending on how many were available.

It was 4 marks
I didnt specify the rotation was about the origin, drop a mark? :frown:
Reply 49
Original post by lauren_2
I didnt specify the rotation was about the origin, drop a mark? :frown:

Yeh I was exactly the same :frown:, however I remember the question was only out of 4 so I reckon clockwise rotation 90° (1 mark), matrix for that (1 mark), stretch of scale factor 2 in x direction (1 mark), matrix for that (1 mark). Itd be so picky if that lost a mark...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Really? Thought it was a lot easier than last years paper but really time-pressured. It seemed very long as the matrix transformation stuff took a while to get. 100 UMS for last years ooh buddy not bad haha

tbf looking back on it yesterday's paper was easy except for the last question. I know i've dropped at least 8 marks tho so no full ums for me lol
Reply 51
tbf looking back on it yesterday's paper was easy except for the last question. I know i've dropped at least 8 marks tho so no full ums for me lol

Yup, that's what I thought too, all the other questions were standard (induction question was so nice). I'm sure you'll get method marks tbf for the last question. What do you the grade boundaries will be?
Original post by nurav11
Yup, that's what I thought too, all the other questions were standard (induction question was so nice). I'm sure you'll get method marks tbf for the last question. What do you the grade boundaries will be?

59/60 for an A cus of that last question I reckon.

Ambitious, I reckon 65 is closer to an A.
Reply 54

Yeh fair, I'd love that to be the grade boundary, reckon it'll be a little higher though possibly 61/62? No big difference.

Original post by Jai Sandhu

Nah it won't be that. For that, it would have to been the easiest FP1 paper ever and it wasn't, probably more around the 60 mark.
Original post by nurav11
Nah it won't be that. For that, it would have to been the easiest FP1 paper ever and it wasn't, probably more around the 60 mark.

I thought it was the easiest FP1 paper ever :colondollar:
Reply 56

Haha well done then! Tbh I thought it was fairly easy aswell but that's only cos I got the roots question in the end. Everything else was definitely very easy, big difference between those questions and that root question. Probably needed to chuck it in there to make the paper harder

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nurav11
Haha well done then! Tbh I thought it was fairly easy aswell but that's only cos I got the roots question in the end. Everything else was definitely very easy, big difference between those questions and that root question. Probably needed to chuck it in there to make the paper harder

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fair enough, if you didnt get the roots question you are probably in trouble, or if you tried to do it without using part i.
Reply 58
Fair enough, if you didnt get the roots question you are probably in trouble, or if you tried to do it without using part i.

Yeh it was 9 marks so pretty major stuff. That's why, I think the average for that question will probably be only 3-4/9 so hence grade boundary slightly lower than 65. We'll see

Posted from TSR Mobile

lool it definitely wasn't the easiest fp1 paper ever. 2013? This was an average paper at best like all Fp1 papers.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending