The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
Anonymous because i'm friends with some guys that are on TSR and they'll know why i've made this thread. If i've PM'd you you'll kind of understand.
Not so much worried about being recognised just that i'd prefer it i wasn't. If i was worried i wouldn't do it, i'm okay with someone coming up to me as college and saying HEY I'VE FOUND YOUR TSR ACCOUNT. We can have a laugh about it but it's just easier if they didn't as i'd have to start watching what i say on here.
Why would my family friends etc care? It's akin to making my picture my display picture on TSR. Loads of people can save it and see it. This is just a much more controlled version.
How is it unsafe? To be very honest ALL my pictures are very conservative so i doubt it'd be used in anyway. Everyone's pictures are out there, my instagram isn't on private.
Yeah it's kind of an immature thread, i'm 18 i can be immature **** off :biggrin:

I never called you a slut or the like, I think you will find that my post was perfectly reasonable and logical. If this is your genuine response to such a post, I would suggest your problems are not with your looks but your personality which is immature for your age, and your willingness to engage in risky actions simply for the approval of strangers.

Frankly you are lucky that I didn't go for my original angle, which was to say nothing but to request you PM me your photo with an obliging smiley face and reassuring sentiment, and then use your photo to demonstrate exactly what can go wrong with that.

Hope this doesn't massively bite you in the ass when you're grown up.
pm? I'll give an honest opinion
Go for it :smile:
Dp
Original post by AvaAdore
I never called you a slut or the like, I think you will find that my post was perfectly reasonable and logical. If this is your genuine response to such a post, I would suggest your problems are not with your looks but your personality which is immature for your age, and your willingness to engage in risky actions simply for the approval of strangers.

Frankly you are lucky that I didn't go for my original angle, which was to say nothing but to request you PM me your photo with an obliging smiley face and reassuring sentiment, and then use your photo to demonstrate exactly what can go wrong with that.

Hope this doesn't massively bite you in the ass when you're grown up.

Oh God. Okay fair enough i see your point. Time to stop.
You've probably heard this before so I'll keep it short. I have **** luck with guys (I'm a girl) and I wanted to know once and for all of I'm actually ugly.So drop in and I'll PM you a picture. Thanks :smile:

Go for it. PM me :smile:
Dp

Looool possibly?
Oh God. Okay fair enough i see your point. Time to stop.

I'm glad. Hope you can sort out your self esteem problems.
What possesses people to do this to themselves?!
Anon, please try not to worry about what people think about you yeah, i know im just some random guy on tinterweb but trust me it will get you no where, rather than focusing on what people think of your looks, maybe try to get to know some people, and them you and then you will see how your looks do not mater to those you hold close
I'm glad. Hope you can sort out your self esteem problems.

Out of interest what would you have done with the photo?
Original post by ConalTyler
Anon, please try not to worry about what people think about you yeah, i know im just some random guy on tinterweb but trust me it will get you no where, rather than focusing on what people think of your looks, maybe try to get to know some people, and them you and then you will see how your looks do not mater to those you hold close

Thank you :smile: i'll bare that in mind next time i come up with an idea like this or i'm feeling insecure,
Next time i'll probably go and text a friend for some reassurance lool
I'll rate u
- Changed my mind, I don't think this rating business is healthy, not for you especially-

So what if someone thinks you're pretty or ugly? People can think what they like and you will never get everyone to agree that you are pretty/ ugly/ fat/ skinny/ hot/ sexy/beautiful or the scum of the earth, everyone is different and has different opinions and they will always be conflicting, so you might as well just not a give a f****
(edited 8 years ago)
Thank you :smile: i'll bare that in mind next time i come up with an idea like this or i'm feeling insecure,
Next time i'll probably go and text a friend for some reassurance lool

^.^ no problem, just want to make people smile
Reply 95
Pm me then gosh
Original post by Lularose83
What possesses people to do this to themselves?!

1) Low self-esteem

2) unpleasant experiences

3)when people compare themselves to others e.g on the internet and they realise that the person on the internet or real life has something they have not got, so they need some reassurance.

In my honest opinion, I do find it quite sad though. ''/
Original post by Rxpidzx
Pm me then gosh

You made a new account just for a pm? Wow.
Original post by ThatGuyRik
You made a new account just for a pm? Wow.

Reasons why i've stopped and no one with less than 1 gem got pm'd lool
Original post by FloralEssence
1) Low self-esteem

2) unpleasant experiences

3)when people compare themselves to others e.g on the internet and they realise that the person on the internet or real life has something they have not got, so they need some reassurance.

In my honest opinion, I do find it quite sad though. ''/

Meh more boredom and low self esteem

Latest

Trending

Trending