The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LashiFire
I only put "carbon" for that. Do you think I'll get the mark?

Well the carbon in the periodic table has the same atomic mass and number as the one isotopes are measured against (I put 12 6 I think) so probably worthy of a mark, I'm not sure though!
Original post by Palette
No, because carbon has different isotopes which affect the mass, such as carbon-14. I can imagine the mark scheme will say 'carbon by itself insufficient'.
:/ aw well
Reply 862
For the ions question I wrote the ions so like I wrote Fe+2 instead of Iron (II) will that matter?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by camilla_carr
I got Pb2O3 but I'm not sure if it's right :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think thats correct ! thats were I mixed up, i got Pb3O2 and my friend who is amazing at chemistry got your answer so congrats!
I can't remember the calculations but I got the right answer:
Pb2 O3
Original post by LashiFire
I only put "carbon" for that. Do you think I'll get the mark?

'We had better!! i put that too! i reckon they'll give it sure they cant be to picky IUKWIM!
Original post by ambarellarose
guys what did you get for the empirical formula in the C2 paper? I got it wrong and mixed the two divisions at the very beginning up but i did the rest of the question working out right, would i get atleast a mark for that?

I got PB2O3

Do you remember what you put exactly? (:
Original post by Palette
Final part correct except 3234 J should be 3.234 kJ not 32.34 kJ.

Typo sorry!! I put 3.234 :smile:
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
For the one about why you'd use a copper alloy in coins instead of pure copper, do you think that 'copper ores are running out so we need to preserve it as much as possible' would be alright?

Tbh, I think it was looking for more scientific reasons. I wrote the same thing but am starting to doubt myself as it said don't use any economical reasoning or something along them lines
Original post by bleeploop
is it not one twelfth Carbon 12 ??

Nope
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
For the one about why you'd use a copper alloy in coins instead of pure copper, do you think that 'copper ores are running out so we need to preserve it as much as possible' would be alright?

I put that pure copper is a softer metal but I dunno...
Reply 871
Original post by Jellie<3
What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

Think I put hydrogen gas , chlorine gas and then sodium hydroxide!:confused:
Can anyone hook me up with some grade boundries predictions?
Original post by Clintbarton
Typo sorry!! I put 3.234 :smile:

Never mind. I'll remove my original post. :smile:

Original post by Conor1998
Tbh, I think it was looking for more scientific reasons. I wrote the same thing but am starting to doubt myself as it said don't use any economical reasoning or something along them lines
can someone plz write an unofficial mark scheme?!?!?!?!?!?
Btw does anyone know any advantages and disadvantages for the 5 marker on C3? Just checking to see
Original post by Kamran64

i did tooo....sure hu would want a floppy bendy coin!!
I got 20 because I'm sick
Original post by Kamran64

If it WAS made out of pure metal, it would be able to be squashed and bent very easily as the layers can slide over eachother. As its an alloy, the new metal atoms distort the layers, making it hard for them to slide over :smile:
Original post by t.thompson22
I got PB2O3

Do you remember what you put exactly? (:

I can except the masses it gave us for the lead and oxygen, does anyone know ?
But I did:

Pb O
207 divided by the mass given 16 divided by the mass given
(Thats where I mixed up, I usually do the other way round but my head jus blanked for some reason!)

Then I divided the two results which I got for oxygen because it was the smallest and got Pb3O2 which I know is wrong, I was so stupid, I knew it before! but

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending