The Student Room Group

AQA AS German exam 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Yannisali1
The writing section is seriously down to the examiners opinion.. What do you guys usually get on your writings ?

Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that :frown: what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 61
Original post by ES123456
If that was the first one it was just sinken because seit means present tense :smile: we went through the whole paper and I think I got a good mark, did the werbung question also which was quite good

Can you remember any other answers?
Original post by Isabel29
What did you get for sinken?

everyone in my class thought it was Wird.
Original post by 20Emily1998
Before I used to get 23 but In recent essays have got 25,29, 30 and 31 depending on the question/topic, however I think what I've written today was no where near that :frown: what do you usually get?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)
Reply 64
Ah well, I know I haven't done very well on the grammar section 😂😣
I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed
The max I ever got was 28, its the reading and the listening where my marks goes up and gets me the A but now I am not even sure. I tried to add things like the passive and the subjunctive but it was all finishing so quick that I had to end up rushing (specially coz me having to repeat the listening a few times)

I usually depend on the listening and reading as I don't like doing the essay, and today my 3 worst essay topics came up so the exam wasn't really in my favour, especially as I thin ive lost a lot on the Listening and reading

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've accepted my failure anyway as even if I do reasonably well like a C or a B, my speaking was awful so it'll bring it down. I've not been doing as well in German as I should so who knows, I'll find out on results day haha
Original post by midgemeister7
I put wird and sank. 99% sure sank is right as although there was a 'present' tense verb, the question had something like fruher in it, suggesting past tense was needed

Spoiler

it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work
for some reason my paragraphing has just deleted but you get the drift
Original post by ES123456
it had seit, which takes the present tense so it was 'sinken'and yes i think I can remember... this is what i got for the first question in the 70sunder 30sover 55sproportion of one-person-households is over 50% and this is increasingthey dont want responsibility for anotherthe want to experience adventure firstthey want to live independentlygood-lookingsuccessful at work

Ah, well I'm wrong in that case. I did get exactly the same for q1 so that's promising.

Spoiler

At least you got something right - I had begann but crossed out an n!!!!
Did you put hätten?

Posted from TSR Mobile
that's 10 marks in the bag in just the first question so that's good!
well... if we're both right :colondollar:
yeah i put hätten
Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?
Original post by midgemeister7
Anyone remember the other 2 qs in the grammar? So far I have wird, gutes, haetten, enlaedt, sinken, begann, uberlebt, eignenem (not correct, just the words in general)

What were the other 2 and did anyone get eigeneM?

can't remember but groß and müssen
The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?
Original post by nicole_wilson
The 'einladen' was a separable verb so I've definitely got that wrong! I think that was a particularly nasty question but I thought most of it was okay! I imagine 89-ish for an A would be the boundary and I got eigenen because dative endings are -en I think?

Depends whether was a definite or indefinite or no article

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending