The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Geography Unit A-Physical Geography

Hey, so is anyone doing this exam on Tuesday? What topics are you doing for it? I'm studying Restless Earth, Ice on the Land and the Coastal Zone. Any predictions on 8 markers which you think might come up :smile:?

How confident are you? Geography is one of my better subjects but I know the tests can be sometimes difficult :P.
Reply 1
Original post by 'Chris'
Hey, so is anyone doing this exam on Tuesday? What topics are you doing for it? I'm studying Restless Earth, Ice on the Land and the Coastal Zone. Any predictions on 8 markers which you think might come up :smile:?

How confident are you? Geography is one of my better subjects but I know the tests can be sometimes difficult :P.

I'm doing those topics too! I don't feel very confident, haven't really learned my case studies yet! How much detail do you think you need to know for an A*?
Reply 2
Original post by spnlove
I'm doing those topics too! I don't feel very confident, haven't really learned my case studies yet! How much detail do you think you need to know for an A*?

Same! Thank god we have this weekend xD. I also need to go through the case studies :/. I usually get A*s in geography because a lot of it is just common sense and I think you need to go in quite a bit of detail, if you have the CGP revision guide (or any) just go through and pick out the really important bits. I did the physical 2014 for my mock paper and managed to get an A* without even using case studies (but I learnt the rest of the content really well).

Which topics are you worried for most? Ice on the land I find more difficult :/.
Restless earth, coastal zone and water on the land:smile:

Good luck to you both
Reply 4
Original post by 'Chris'
Same! Thank god we have this weekend xD. I also need to go through the case studies :/. I usually get A*s in geography because a lot of it is just common sense and I think you need to go in quite a bit of detail, if you have the CGP revision guide (or any) just go through and pick out the really important bits. I did the physical 2014 for my mock paper and managed to get an A* without even using case studies (but I learnt the rest of the content really well).

Which topics are you worried for most? Ice on the land I find more difficult :/.

I actually find Ice on the Land easiest! I think in general I'm just worried about the case studies but then I know I have to revise the rest of it cause in my mocks I focused too much on them and didn't really learn enough of the other stuff! Also I'm kinda stressing cause at the weekend I have to revise for my English lit as well and yeah
Original post by 'Chris'

I'm doing similar topics for my exam, instead that I'm taking it in Denmark as an IGCSE and not the UK. :smile:

Case studies perhaps? :smile:
Coastal Zones,living world,water on the land
Reply 7
Original post by spnlove
I actually find Ice on the Land easiest! I think in general I'm just worried about the case studies but then I know I have to revise the rest of it cause in my mocks I focused too much on them and didn't really learn enough of the other stuff! Also I'm kinda stressing cause at the weekend I have to revise for my English lit as well and yeah

Oh yeah same I know what you mean, there's just a lot of detail for the different processes xD. I also have English on monday but I'm sure we'll both be fine :h:
Reply 8
Original post by TastyPinkHair
I'm doing similar topics for my exam, instead that I'm taking it in Denmark as an IGCSE and not the UK. :smile:

Case studies perhaps? :smile:

Yeah case studies seem to be the issue :/, I'm sure you'll be fine :smile:.
you only need to answer on 2 topics!
Reply 10
Original post by aewrstdfyghuij
you only need to answer on 2 topics!

At our school we studied three so we have to answer three in the exam. Are you sure you're not with a different exam board?
im doing the except for ice on the land, for that im doing the living world

for restless earth i think theres gonna be an 8 marker on super volcanoes or tsunamis
Reply 12
Original post by Synonym
im doing the except for ice on the land, for that im doing the living world

for restless earth i think theres gonna be an 8 marker on super volcanoes or tsunamis

Yeah, they haven't come up yet- I'm really hoping it's on earthquakes and volcanoes though, they're the easier ones xD. Knowing examiners though, they probably won't make it that easy :frown:.
Hiiiii guys
I'm doing The Restless Earth, The Living World and The Coastal Zone!
I find The Restless Earth the easiest of them all (not super confident though).... any guesses for questions on any of the topics above??
And same, I have English Lit AQA on Monday and I'm super scared about that :/ Idk how to plan out my revision for it!
As for Case Studies...... I can barely remember anything for any of them lol
Hi Guys

can someone help me on how to work out Kinetic energy. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending