The Student Room Group

A2 AQA German June 2015

Hey, just wanted to ask if there is anyone who is doing the A2 german exam this year? How is it going? Any study tips?

Scroll to see replies

I am :smile: my reading and listening is OK so i'm just learning vocab and strong verbs for the translations, past papers and practicing essays, how about you?
The essay questions are always really similar so rewriting essays until you can basically recite them helps for me.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
I've been doing past papers mainly in class. I do much better on the listening nowadays than I think. The reading section just requires technique- it all comes down to understanding and answering those questions. From now until the exam, I'll be planning answers to the essay questions that have come up. Why are they so picky with the translation from German to English- I keep getting 6/10 :s-smilie:
Original post by yebszy
I've been doing past papers mainly in class. I do much better on the listening nowadays than I think. The reading section just requires technique- it all comes down to understanding and answering those questions. From now until the exam, I'll be planning answers to the essay questions that have come up. Why are they so picky with the translation from German to English- I keep getting 6/10 :s-smilie:

I keep on getting 8/10 for the translation which isn't too bad but my english to german translations are rubbish!
Original post by ES123456
I keep on getting 8/10 for the translation which isn't too bad but my english to german translations are rubbish!

My German to English ones are awful b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6

Haha same here. My teacher says it's often easier for people to translate something into their own native language than into the target language.

Either way those marks for the Eng to German are precious- I'll do what I can to get them!
Original post by yebszy
Haha same here. My teacher says it's often easier for people to translate something into their own native language than into the target language.

Either way those marks for the Eng to German are precious- I'll do what I can to get them!

It's always that part of the exam where I seem to fall down, I can get near perfect in the listening and reading but the translations will literally make my grade fall by two... It's so annoying!
Original post by Leanne1455
My German to English ones are awful b

Posted from TSR Mobile

I always find myself with a sentence that doesn't quite seem to make sense I think that's the most annoying thing!
Reply 9
Is there a vocabulary list or something??
Argh the exam was awful :frown: I hope I've got a C, a B is just not going to happen :frown: :frown:
Original post by ridirahman
x

x

x

Original post by yebszy
x

Original post by Turtlebunny
x

Anyone know where you can access any more of the past papers, other than the three Unit Three papers on the AQA website? I've been really struggling to find any more :frown:
Original post by peaaceandl0ve
Anyone know where you can access any more of the past papers, other than the three Unit Three papers on the AQA website? I've been really struggling to find any more :frown:

if you go on freeexampapers theres another two from the same spec i think, ive not tried the older ones yet, the lack of papers is so annoying though
Reply 13
Does anyone know how many ums you need to get an A?
320/ 400 across all 4 units.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ridirahman
Does anyone know how many ums you need to get an A?

320/ 400 across all 4 units.

Posted from TSR Mobile

How are you guys revising?
Learnt an essay to adapt to the question, memrise, past papers and grammar books.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Same
Any predictions of what will come up for the essay?
Original post by amygreenn
Any predictions of what will come up for the essay?

Which are you doing- the film, book..?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending