The Student Room Group

CCEA A2 English Literature 15/05/2015

How is everyone feeling about this? :confused:
Any predictions?

My unit 1: The Pardoner's Tale/Lear ft Burial at Thebes

Unit 2: Butcher boy / TheCITR ft The Outsider
Havnt a clue on what will come up on the pardoners tale, Tho hope it's gonna be a decent ram
Really thinking tragic hero or modern audience will come up for lear/burial and maybe morality tale or preaching for Chaucer? What do you think though?
Reply 3
Original post by eimearlafferty
Really thinking tragic hero or modern audience will come up for lear/burial and maybe morality tale or preaching for Chaucer? What do you think though?

Agreed, hope it's modern audience though. I'm doing John Donne rather than Chaucer, really not sure exactly what to expect but it'll be something to do with man's relationship with God...

How's everyone feeling for it??
Reply 4
Nice prediction Eimear, sadly I wanted tragic hero :frown: How did everyone find it?
Original post by Jhgn96
Nice prediction Eimear, sadly I wanted tragic hero :frown: How did everyone find it?

I know I was lucky this time!! It was fine!
Is anyone sitting the things they carried, a farewell to arms and the red badge of courage... Any suggestions?
Reply 7
Any predictions for The Outsider/CITR/Butcher Boy? I heard 21st century reader was a possible one cause it hasn't been one in a while - please helppppp 😰
Reply 8
Anyone any predictions for Theme of Childhood: Adventures of Huckleberry Finn/The Bluest Eye & Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha
honestly have no idea!! could be anything, they have never went into topics like a social satire which could be possible? Modern could also come up but I honestly have no idea! butcher boy is easy, it's only analysis of methods but always include the following though:
-Stream of consciousness
-spatial organisation
-textual organisation
-temporal organisation
-long, rambling punctuated sentences
-Cowboy language
-vernacular
-Tonal shifts
-retrospective narration
-highly subjectivised narration, everything focalised through the POV of the deranged Francie Brady
-unreliable narrator
-His limited self awareness, ironic gap between his perception and the readers
-his preoccupation with trivial things, e.g sweets
-free indirect speech (absorbs others speech) when the speech is in speech marks these words had a particular effect on him
Reply 10
Original post by Mjmo100
Any predictions for The Outsider/CITR/Butcher Boy? I heard 21st century reader was a possible one cause it hasn't been one in a while - please helppppp 😰

relevance to modern audience would be EXCELLENT but it come up in tragedy, so i don't know if it would come up a second time this year. it's really hard to predict because there are only four papers on the CCEA website :\ idk why, but i have a feeling about social satire? for no reason, just kind of a gut feeling? good luck tomorrow anyway!! x
Reply 11
Original post by elacey11
relevance to modern audience would be EXCELLENT but it come up in tragedy, so i don't know if it would come up a second time this year. it's really hard to predict because there are only four papers on the CCEA website :\ idk why, but i have a feeling about social satire? for no reason, just kind of a gut feeling? good luck tomorrow anyway!! x

I ****ing hope not, that's it I'm screwed
I think maybe social satire as well? Or else is the outsiders view too extreme
Reply 13
It wouldn't be that bad, I just dont think I could write an A grade answer on it, but on that note, someone from our centre got 42/60 in section A and 37/60 In section B last year and got an A... due to the grade boundaries having to come down so low. I need ABB or else I aint getting into Queens also :frown:
Yeah there's always going to be someone worse than you haha what are you applying for?
Reply 15
English.. a part of me doesn't know why, but whatever, Queens firm and Coleraine Uni insurance, you?
Dublin hopefully for radiotherapy but jordanstown if I don't get the grades😐😐 I need minimum AAA but I'm just so unmotivated for exams now!!
Reply 17
Jesus, thats high, good luck anyway, you'll be fine!
:frown:If anyone has any ideas about chaucer please help. I have a feeling it could be the morality tale, it's hard to call.

Quick Reply