The Student Room Group

Should London underground implement women's only coach?

Scroll to see replies

there should be men only coaches... i get tired of desperate housewives ogling my goods on the tube.
No, what if I was travelling with a female friend?
Reply 22
Original post by DiddyDec
Only if they pay extra for the privilege.

Is this so they don't get pictures taken of them while they eat?

I came across an entire tumblr blog dedicated to this the other day...
The (*creepy) owner has an entire archive with thousands of pictures he himself took of women eating/snacking...

Why is this a thing? What is it? What's happening? Enlighten me
Reply 23
Original post by GnomeMage
So women wont feel uncomfortable especially during peak hour where everyone squeeze against each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile

LOL no, can i tell you a secret.... I like it when they push against me :wink: (I bet some do it on purpose) So to london underground to have a woman's only coach would piss me and other men off.

Spoiler

We live in the UK, not Saudi Arabia.
Sounds a bit muslim, so no.
Nope
Original post by P357
I came across an entire tumblr blog dedicated to this the other day...
The (*creepy) owner has an entire archive with thousands of pictures he himself took of women eating/snacking...

Why is this a thing? What is it? What's happening? Enlighten me

It was a social experiment set up a Facebook page called Women Who Eat on Tubes (WWEOT). A claim was made that more women eat of the tube than men, so a group of friends set out to prove this was indeed the case. This then turned into a worldwide craze of getting the perfect shot and it turned into art.

There really isn't anything creepy about it, the Facebook page is hilarious and some of the photos are masterfully taken.

It was not set up to victimise or demonise the subject of the piece, simply to observe and comment. Like all art.
Reply 28
Original post by GnomeMage
extreme? it is a very common thing. Most countries have lady's pick coach.

nah it's pretty extreme
Reply 29
Original post by DeadGirlsDance
Nope

DGD wants to drool over handsome guys on the tube
Brilliant idea. There should be black and white only carriages as well. And all the other ethnic minorities can be shoved into a third carriage.
Reply 31
Trainsexuals.
Reply 32
Original post by A5ko
Trainsexuals.

looooooool

Posted from TSR Mobile
This kind of ****e is so typical of todays society and not just in gender/racial equality issues.

What this essentially is, is ignoring the base problem (that people grope each other on trains), deciding that that's all a bit difficult and instead coming up with a half way measure which will solve and grand total of zero problems and create a whole load more...
That's offensive to men the vast majority of whom don't deserve to be put into a molester box, offensive to women for insinuating their very bodies are an issue, and inoffensive to actual gropers. Who are the problem. So how about talk about the problem and not the non-problem. Women are not a problem and neither are men, and neither is a body or a sex or a body part.
kill all men would be easier and cheaper imo
Original post by the bear
there should be men only coaches... i get tired of desperate housewives ogling my goods on the tube.

Yes I agree, men only coaches so I can be the only person ogling the bear.
This is literally the best suggestion I've read all week and it's nearly Friday. I would certainly pay an extra fee to board female-only carriages to avoid leering men and the other gropey kind you wouldn't believe how many times I've had my bottom squeezed while standing on a busy train. I no longer get on trains unless I can actually find a seat rather give it a miss and board the next one.
Original post by Daenerys...
This is literally the best suggestion I've read all week and it's nearly Friday. I would certainly pay an extra fee to board female-only carriages to avoid leering men and the other gropey kind you wouldn't believe how many times I've had my bottom squeezed while standing on a busy train. I no longer get on trains unless I can actually find a seat rather give it a miss and board the next one.

Is what you are asking for not basically just proper first class carriages?
Reply 39
Original post by Penguinfarts
Is what you are asking for not basically just proper first class carriages?

She's a mega troll

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest