The Student Room Group

English lit aqa gcse -difference between A01, A02, A03 and A04??

^^?
I am doing AIC and OMAM btw :smile:
A01 - Ideas and themes
A02 - Language/Structure/Form
A03 - Links to other texts
A04 - Context; this can be social, historical or cultural

An Inspector Calls is marked against A01 and A02
Of Mice and Men is marked against A01, A02 and A04 :smile:
Original post by thepurplerain
A01 - Ideas and themes
A02 - Language/Structure/Form
A03 - Links to other texts
A04 - Context; this can be social, historical or cultural

An Inspector Calls is marked against A01 and A02
Of Mice and Men is marked against A01, A02 and A04 :smile:

Thanks for clearing that up!! :smile: how would you incorporate stucture and form into omam and aic though?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I haven't done those two texts but here are some ideas to consider.
For AIC - are there parallels, maybe between the end of the acts? How do the openings of each act/scene contribute?
For OMAM - who does the reader see the situation from? How do the characters' way of speaking reflect their education/status? Foreshadowing? Parallels?

:smile:
Am I the only person doing a view from the bridge and Unseen poetry for English Lit?????????
Original post by SuperHuman98
Am I the only person doing a view from the bridge and Unseen poetry for English Lit?????????

Errr yes!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thepurplerain
I haven't done those two texts but here are some ideas to consider.
For AIC - are there parallels, maybe between the end of the acts? How do the openings of each act/scene contribute?
For OMAM - who does the reader see the situation from? How do the characters' way of speaking reflect their education/status? Foreshadowing? Parallels?

:smile:

Thank you so much :smile: have you done this exam before?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by phoebeisgreat
Thanks for clearing that up!! :smile: how would you incorporate stucture and form into omam and aic though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Cliff hangers and foreshadowing in AIC. Form is a play so need to look at the stage directions and what they show. Also priestly uses the inspector as a mouthpiece for his views and the play is a microcosm for the capitalist society of the time. Also audiences would have watched the play with heindsight of WW1 and 2 so would view Birling's views as stupid cause he's wrong (about the nazi's and the titanic etc)

OMAM cyclical structure which echoes the migrant workers lives and how they're monotonous. Also foreshadowing in many chapters (George telling Lennie to come to the river if he gets into trouble) (Lennie injuring Curley, and about to attack crooks but kills Curley's wife) also omniscient, 3rd person narrator who doesn't judge the actions of the characters.
Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending