The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rumana101
please can i have a copy too

Original post by metrize
Hey would you mind sending it to me to? I'd like to know what I roughly got c2 and do you have B2

Original post by anna096
And me please!!

Original post by Ben_Follester
Id prefer seperatly but what ever suits you. Also I only did C2 aswell :cool:

At this rate i may as well start a new forum !!!! Unless anyone else has any beta ideas on how to get the pix to u'se all!!
My camera takes vv high res pics so dunno how ong it will take to load, so sorry for any delay if there will b any :biggrin:
Original post by Pra99
I put conc and volume of cylinder. Im sure about the conc but not about the cylinder. How could it be mass? If the surface area is going to be changed then surely you can't keep the mass the same as well because to increase the surface area you make the chips smaller and so the mass will decrease when it's smaller

Tbf I did think that in the exam, but in th end went for mass and conc
Someone has already posted B2's

Really?! Would you mind linking me to unofficial markscheme if there is one
Original post by katiewhittaker
No, I am pretty sure that when you increase the surface area it doesn't decrease the mass because you are (in a way) cutting the "thing" in to smaller pieces so it is the same mass because you are not taking anything away but the surface area increase because there is more "edge". I don't know id that make sense.

Yeh I understand but why would mass change the rate of reaction in the first place.
Id prefer seperatly but what ever suits you. Also I only did C2 aswell :cool:

You wouldn't mind sending me one too please !
Original post by Pra99
I put grams then isotope

I put compound then carbon 12
Original post by Pra99
Yeh I understand but why would mass change the rate of reaction in the first place.

Exactly, which is why it didn't look like a good option.
Original post by kwstudent
At this rate i may as well start a new forum !!!! Unless anyone else has any beta ideas on how to get the pix to u'se all!!
My camera takes vv high res pics so dunno how ong it will take to load, so sorry for any delay if there will b any :biggrin:

If you can post it please do! Upload the pics somewhere like imigur or some website like that and share link :smile:
Original post by Pra99

I can't remember the question very well so I can't really remember the context. It wouldn't change the rate of reaction but it would change things in the experiment (I think) so it is a variable you would have to control. :smile:
No worries... Will do - but be prepared to wait a lil while if thats ok! Where would you like me to put them? shall i send them seperatly to you both? or is there any particular plc?

Send them however you find easiest. Thanks
Can people explain to me why it was carbon 12 in the fill in gaps. I put isotope. I have never learnt anything in school about carbon 12 and it's not in the textbook so is this really the answer. I was pretty sure about isotope.
Original post by metrize
Really?! Would you mind linking me to unofficial markscheme if there is one

Okay, I cant find the pictures, but I saved them so ill try and upload
Original post by Nomes24
I would love if you were right :P

I have this too: I get stressed out because I can't remember what I wrote/ what the question was and it really confuses me afterwards!

That sounds about right. Did you say about why e.g as it's an endothermic reaction which takes in energy? I don't know if you need that but I put it to be on the safe side.

Well my first reaction to B2 was that it was very hard, so I was worried about how I had done. I think I did decently on B2, obviously can't remember what all the questions were but the main ones I am worried about are bile xD other than that it went quite well, poss lost stupid marks here and there and also those strange applied science questions e.g. why weren't Mendel's ideas accepted I think I only got 1 mark there. We shall see..

Hoping B3 will bring my mark up, I found it a lot easier and could answer all the questions, again will have made mistakes in places, although I can't remember where, but I know I will have done!

Chemistry as a whole went a lot better than Biology, I am just more confident in Chem as it's more mathsy and that's my thing. Thought C2 was really easy, silly mistakes here and there but on a whole think it went well. C3 I thought was moderate, some questions were challenging but I hope I answered them well. I know I have made mistakes- stupid ones- like mixing up sodium and lithium, put boiling point decreased instead of increased- that kind of thing but on a whole I was really happy with all the equilibrium questions!

Only thing is I have a vague memory of some kind of why doesn't iron fit in this group or something to do with the periodic table near the beginning of C3, do you know what the answer was?

How have you found Biology and Chemistry? Sorry for such a long reply! Trying to self-evaluate ahah :smile:

I think I talked about the 'backward reaction', but I don't think I said it was endothermic.

Other people have already answered your question on iron.

I found Biology Unit 2 much easier than Biology Unit 3. I also found Chemistry Unit 2 much easier than Chemistry Unit 3!

But then my own assessment of how I did isn't the most accurate because:

1) I tend to overestimate the number of marks I get.
2) I tend to believe that I did terribly based on a few difficult questions.

P.S. I regret calling my username 'Palette'.
Original post by Blueyy__
lets hope that they accept just "acid" :smile:

They will accept acid because it said what kind of chemical
Reply 1074
Yep will try!!

Please could you also send it to me, thanks! :h:
Msg for all the ppl who want the C2 paper,

Ive done a new post, which ill link up to here in a min, the photos are loading ATM so when there all loaded u can all help yourselves
I took them on my Nikon D3200 so when u all download them and open them, by zooming in you should be able to read them easily.
Hope there ok, msg me if u want anymore or if they dont work an ill try to help.
:smile:
Yep will try!!

I would appriciate it if I could get a copy too! Thanks!
Original post by JR57
What did people get for the question where you had to balance the equation on c2?

I put a 2 infront of the second substance - can't remember what that was now 😂
Original post by Pra99
Can people explain to me why it was carbon 12 in the fill in gaps. I put isotope. I have never learnt anything in school about carbon 12 and it's not in the textbook so is this really the answer. I was pretty sure about isotope.

Because the definition of Ar or relative atomic mass is the mass of an element in comparison to 1/12 of a carbon 12 atom ( C-12 was chosen as it is abundant and stable, but that was back in the 60s so you dont need to know that)
So with the Ar you’re trying to know the mass of an element so 1/12 of C-12 is
1amu atomic mass unit .
Who can believe chem is over. How did everyone find it?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending