The Student Room Group

Graduate Entry Medicine: 2016 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Did the UKCAT, didn't go so well, I feel I'll have a better chance with GAMSAT. I may do both, though.
Reply 481
Original post by Es0phagus
Did the UKCAT, didn't go so well, I feel I'll have a better chance with GAMSAT. I may do both, though.

Do both?
Will you be applying for 2016 entry?
Original post by victoria25
I'm going to start now and I've booked for first week in July. Heard that 1-2 months is plenty and to be fair I'll quickly work through the books and run out of resources

Posted from TSR Mobile

Exactly this - have just started my prep and have the exam on 9th July

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Ebuwa
Do both?
Will you be applying for 2016 entry?

Oh, I meant I only did the UKCAT last year and this year I'll definitely be doing GAMSAT, but unsure about the UKCAT this time around.
Reply 484
Original post by Es0phagus
Oh, I meant I only did the UKCAT last year and this year I'll definitely be doing GAMSAT, but unsure about the UKCAT this time around.

Have you started preparing for the GAMSAT?
Hi everyone

Just got 58 in my Gamsat - 57, 63 and 56. Was hoping to apply to Sgul but obviously don't stand a chance with that grade. I've been thinking of getting a re-mark in the hope that my grade will go up and the boundaries will go down (I'm well aware that pigs will probably fly first.) But if this was to happen I would never forgive myself.

Has anyone ever heard of Gamsat re-marks actually changing people's grades?

Thanks!
Original post by Samodude11
Hi everyone

Just got 58 in my Gamsat - 57, 63 and 56. Was hoping to apply to Sgul but obviously don't stand a chance with that grade. I've been thinking of getting a re-mark in the hope that my grade will go up and the boundaries will go down (I'm well aware that pigs will probably fly first.) But if this was to happen I would never forgive myself.

Thanks!

If you dont mind me asking. How long did you spend revising for it?
Hi everyone

Thanks!

Not an actual answer to your question but I think you've got good enough grades for exeter and plymouth - check with them if you'd consider those unis? You dont have a bad mark keep your chin up x

Posted from TSR Mobile
It was my third attempt. I didn't revise that much to be honest. It's a lot about knowing the style of questions.
Reply 489
Original post by Gazoula
Not an actual answer to your question but I think you've got good enough grades for exeter and plymouth - check with them if you'd consider those unis? You dont have a bad mark keep your chin up x

Posted from TSR Mobile

I have in my notes that Exeter was 63 and Plymouth was 65 last year. Could be wrong, but I don't think his/her score is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 490
Hi everyone

Thanks!

You can ask for a re-mark of sections 1 and 3, however it's a computer that is marking your script and I highly doubt a mistake would have been made as there's no human error.

By all means go for it, but I think you're just wasting your money.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by liam__
I have in my notes that Exeter was 63 and Plymouth was 65 last year. Could be wrong, but I don't think his/her score is good enough.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am directly copy pasting Plymouth's answer to me this year:

Medicine GAMSAT Cut off
Section 1 - 56
Section 2 - 52
Section 3 - 54
Overall - 65

So again not sure since the overall 65 is mentioned ...

Exeter's mail had said minimum 59 overall - so you are right, may have just missed that one but definitely double check... Good luck with it all...
Reply 492
Original post by Gazoula
I am directly copy pasting Plymouth's answer to me this year:

Medicine GAMSAT Cut off
Section 1 - 56
Section 2 - 52
Section 3 - 54
Overall - 65

So again not sure since the overall 65 is mentioned ...

Exeter's mail had said minimum 59 overall - so you are right, may have just missed that one but definitely double check... Good luck with it all...

See here

http://www.gamsat.co.uk/news-article141/GAMSAT-Cut-Off-Scores.aspx
Original post by Gazoula
I think you've got good enough grades for exeter and plymouth - check with them if you'd consider those unis?

I'm sure that those uni's are great if you have a spare £45k to drop (not including living costs)...
Reply 494
Original post by neuronerd
I'm sure that those uni's are great if you have a spare £45k to drop (not including living costs)...

It's £36K, not £45K. Stop spreading misinformation! :wink:
Reply 495
I wish the funding will hurry up and be announced!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 496
Anyone know the date that funding for 2015 entry was confirmed?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tw781
I wish the funding will hurry up and be announced!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the Nottingham open day this year, a few people asked about what would happen with the funding and whether the courses would be cut etc. The admissions tutor said that he didn't know, but if he had to guess, he would say it would probably stay the same. Fingers crossed he's right!!
Reply 498
Hi is anyone else practising ozimed papers for gamsat?
Original post by tough2
Hi is anyone else practising ozimed papers for gamsat?
I have papers 1-10 but I am only beginning revision so I am probably some way off actually using them. Are they any good?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending