The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by metrize
Evaporation since its in solution with water?

Also, what was the metal oxide question, I wrote a base

i put an ionic substance
Original post by Harris07826
Yep thats right

It's insoluble
Original post by metrize

I put evaporation and base
Thank god there's someone else haha, yeah I had no idea either I just had to guess for that one
Original post by kwstudent
At this rate i may as well start a new forum !!!! Unless anyone else has any beta ideas on how to get the pix to u'se all!!
My camera takes vv high res pics so dunno how ong it will take to load, so sorry for any delay if there will b any :biggrin:

Pm me?
Original post by metrize

I also got base.. don't know if it was right?:confused:
is there an unofficial mark scheme anywhere?
Original post by metrize

I put evaporation but I put an ionic compound... Hopefully I'll still get it cause the question was so vague
Original post by kevinspl2000
Pm me?

yep will put the link in this forum so u all can find it! hope it works now...theres tonns of ppl wanting it :biggrin:
Original post by Jules12345
It's insoluble

Im pretty sure the answer was base
Pm me?

and me please
Guys the answer for the tick question is hydrogen as a reaction between alcohol and sodium forms sodium ethoxide and hydrogen
Original post by thurs001.310
I also got base.. don't know if it was right?:confused:

I think to be a base it would have to be metal hydroxide.
I wrote ionic compound (because metal and non metal) but honestly I'm not sure. The question was weirdly vague and I think it could go either way.
Original post by Pra99
Can people explain to me why it was carbon 12 in the fill in gaps. I put isotope. I have never learnt anything in school about carbon 12 and it's not in the textbook so is this really the answer. I was pretty sure about isotope.

What was the full sentence?

I think its because all the atomic masses of the elements are all relative to carbon-12
yep will put the link in this forum so u all can find it! hope it works now...theres tonns of ppl wanting it :biggrin:

where is the link?
Original post by LashiFire
C3 on the other hand, for me anyway, had so many ambiguous questions, I wasn't sure what many of the questions were asking :/ a lot of the things on it were just confusing, and some didn't even test knowledge, just how well you can make up advantages and disadvantages on the spot about something you shouldn't have even learn't about :frown:

i felt like that with B2 sometimes aqa are just ridiculous like that one year on biology it was 33 for an a* because they were daft questions on it where you would have to get in the person's head who made it lol

IT WAS BASE GUYS NOT ALKALI, IT WOULD BE ALKALI IF IT SAID METAL HYDROXIDE...
i asked my teacher to make sure :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)

No pressure. Kidding haha thanks I know it must be a lot of effort!! 👍👍
Original post by maryb123
where is the link?

Sorry not quite ready yet - next 5-10 mins or so should b ready
Original post by morrissies
I think to be a base it would have to be metal hydroxide.
I wrote ionic compound (because metal and non metal) but honestly I'm not sure. The question was weirdly vague and I think it could go either way.

metal oxide IS A BASE trust me!!! I've seen people asking this too many times now. I'm sure they will accept alkali too.
Im pretty sure the answer was base

I got insoluble aswell:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending