The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by #sarahsmith2
No pressure. Kidding haha thanks I know it must be a lot of effort!! 👍👍

Aww nurries, happy to help hundred of fellow sufferers :biggrin:
Hope u all get on ok in the rest of ur exams too!
Original post by Ilyas_99
What the hell was the C2 six marker, because i wrote about how endothermic the reaction is, but apparently it was about rate of reaction:confused:

The reaction was exothermic?? also you had to talk about the affect of concentration on rate of reaction basically in relation to the table:smile:
Original post by Nomes24
Haha I know, I recognised the metal bonding one! I was hoping for diamond vs graphite though :erm:

It does stick in your mind. I don't like my username either dw. If anyone knows me in real life it is wayyyy too recognisable.

Personally I love art! Glad I got my gcse exam done a few weeks before the rest. It didn't feel like an exam as it was so chill :smile:

I hated that 6 marker, but everything else in the C2 exam was easy, although I may have accidentally written 'atomic number' instead of 'atomic mass number'. By the way for that experiment question, would the student see solid copper deposited at the bottom of the beaker?

I could never draw well, so I don't like to discuss art.
Original post by Positivedani
Yeh; I emailed my teacher and asked and he said yes because thats why they ask for your working to be shown.
But to make things worse I used the wrong unit! So thats like 5 or 6 marks lost!

What question was this for?:biggrin:
Original post by Theawesomejem
it's carbon 12, it's on the specification. The average relative atomic mass of each atom is compared to carbon 12, always, and in every element :smile:
i found the chemistry C2 paper so easy which is a relief after the atrocity that was biology. That 6 marker was amazing so easy far from a stupid transect up a tree! So glad we got nothing on electrolysis, electroplating or how to make salts:smile: This paper actually tested knowledge and the content that we learn rather than stupid 'suggest' questions.

Yeah the chemistry unit 2 and 3 were much better and unlike biology in which they tested out our critical thinking, AQA were testing out our knowledge. I feel as i had done 1000x better in chemistry than biology
I put the same i forgot about the 'memory' part!!!
Where was the balancing equations question in C2
Metal oxide is a type of a base?
Original post by JassyC
I got insoluble aswell:confused:
WELL.....
finally here it is!!
Plz msg me if it doesnt work for some reason....

MT for your patience! HAGE

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55797217&highlight=
Original post by Palette
I hated that 6 marker, but everything else in the C2 exam was easy, although I may have accidentally written 'atomic number' instead of 'atomic mass number'. By the way for that experiment question, would the student see solid copper deposited at the bottom of the beaker?

I could never draw well, so I don't like to discuss art.

It was atomic mass number? I thought it was just atomic number, that's what I put. As arranged in order of no of protons, right? What question is this? (I get confused between the two units!)

The 6 marker about zinc ? Yep I put that brown copper solid would be formed and the solution colour would change... (possibly..)
Original post by Harris07826

Can't remember but there definitely was one 😁 Think Pb(NO3)2 was a product but not sure if I just made that up...
Anyway what did you guys put for the number of atoms 😁😁😁😁
Original post by Nomes24
It was atomic mass number? I thought it was just atomic number, that's what I put. As arranged in order of no of protons, right? What question is this? (I get confused between the two units!)

The 6 marker about zinc ? Yep I put that brown copper solid would be formed and the solution colour would change... (possibly..)

I was talking about Lithium-7 and why the mass is 7 (3 protons, 4 neutrons, protons and neutrons have one relative atomic mass each, 3+4= 7).
Original post by Palette
I was talking about Lithium-7 and why the mass is 7 (3 protons, 4 neutrons, protons and neutrons have one relative atomic mass each, 3+4= 7).

Ohhh right, don't worry, hopefully they won't want that much detail. I think I just put 3 proton, 4 neutron thing then the mass of a neutron and a proton is 1 each. Or maybe I did put relative atomic mass??! The brain trick thing is happening to me now xD
(edited 8 years ago)
For the atomic mass thing I put that it was compared to carbon..didn't say carbon 12 would I still get it?!
Original post by kevinspl2000
Yeah the chemistry unit 2 and 3 were much better and unlike biology in which they tested out our critical thinking, AQA were testing out our knowledge. I feel as i had done 1000x better in chemistry than biology

I agreee! bring on physics hopefully two a*s will pull up my biology (assuming chemistry is an a* which i really think it will be) physics grade boundaries are always low so that should be an a*. how are you feeling about the physics???
Original post by Sheena_G
What was the full sentence?

I think its because all the atomic masses of the elements are all relative to carbon-12

Did you have to put the 12 part? I completely forgot to add that bit:frown:
When you divided the lead mass by its relative formula mass you should have got 0.03 not 0.015. Other than that your calculations were correct
I put base
Original post by Harris07826

it was hidden there was no dotted line :/ i missed it out so i dropped a stupid mark. It was on the same page as the isotopes of oxygen question. I didn't see it!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pra99
Anyone else doing aqa spanish tomorrow

I am:s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending