The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Spanish Reading/Listening - 15th May 2015

who's taking these papers tomorrow?! :-D feeling confident because spanish is one of my strong points, but what about you?any predictions for topics? i think there will definitely be something with champignones (mushrooms) and ayuntamiento (town hall) because they always come up but maybe also the environment because that hasn't come up in a while? maybe school/school subjects too?
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I got A* and A in the mock exams so hopefully I can live up to it again otherwise I'll be annoyed! Good luck to you and thanks for the predictions lol!
Reply 2
how are you revising for it
Reply 3
Original post by 9n3h1s
how are you revising for it

Using SAMLearning activities and also Memrise - search Edexcel GCSE spanish under courses :-) you have to have accounts for both though! But memrise is free, samlearning your school has to have.

Original post by fourbey
I got A* and A in the mock exams so hopefully I can live up to it again otherwise I'll be annoyed! Good luck to you and thanks for the predictions lol!

Me too haha I got two As yeah :-) No problem! They're only predictions though. French higher apparently had a lot about homework and going out so I assume that'll be the same here!
Reply 4
I'm doing the Spanish reading/listening exams tomorrow also but the AQA board exams. Feeling okay about it. :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by lauzy00
I'm doing the Spanish reading/listening exams tomorrow also but the AQA board exams. Feeling okay about it. :smile:

Ooh nice :-) good luck! I tried an AQA paper when we ran out of edexcel to do xD
Reply 6
Original post by abbeyjayne
Ooh nice :-) good luck! I tried an AQA paper when we ran out of edexcel to do xD

Thanks, you too!
Got Us in my mock and my coursework is poor, same with the rest of the class. Oh well.
who's taking these papers tomorrow?! :-D feeling confident because spanish is one of my strong points, but what about you?any predictions for topics? i think there will definitely be something with champignones (mushrooms) and ayuntamiento (town hall) because they always come up but maybe also the environment because that hasn't come up in a while? maybe school/school subjects too?

I wish I could've taken Spanish instead of French for GCSE at my school.
Reply 9
Original post by lauzy00
Thanks, you too!

Thank you!

Original post by Cannoning
Got Us in my mock and my coursework is poor, same with the rest of the class. Oh well.

Oh dear :frown: makes you realise how much of an impact the teacher has. Thankfully i had a good teacher. Good luck to you anyway. Spanish c/w (especially speaking) is really nerve-wracking though. I completely flunked my first attempt at speaking #1 due to nerves but she let me redo it.

Original post by Endian Chief
I wish I could've taken Spanish instead of French for GCSE at my school.

You couldnt take Spanish? :redface: i didnt take french as i knew id never use it unlike spanish since all of my foreign holidays are almost always in spanish speaking countries.
You couldnt take Spanish? :redface: i didnt take french as i knew id never use it unlike spanish since all of my foreign holidays are almost always in spanish speaking countries.

Nope, it's unfair because all the year 7's and 8's could do it, and now all current year 9's get to choose Spanish as one of their options. Although I've got a huge Summer coming up so I plan to teach myself Spanish! :wink:
Confident on reading but not so much on listening. Hoping the sound is good and clear. My CA's were all at a B.So aiming for a B overall.
All my coursework is A/A* but my teacher hasn't taught us anything at all. Probs gonna get like a C or something. I hate people blaming their teacher for their failure but it is literally my teachers fault. Were top set and all predicted C's.
Original post by Endian Chief
You couldnt take Spanish? :redface: i didnt take french as i knew id never use it unlike spanish since all of my foreign holidays are almost always in spanish speaking countries.[/QUOTE

Nope, it's unfair because all the year 7's and 8's could do it, and now all current year 9's get to choose Spanish as one of their options. Although I've got a huge Summer coming up so I plan to teach myself Spanish! :wink:

Aw man, that sucks! Well im here to help if you ever need it!

Original post by TheLongGame
Confident on reading but not so much on listening. Hoping the sound is good and clear. My CA's were all at a B.So aiming for a B overall.

Ahh we do them in our classroom so the sound doesnt echo :-) good luck!

Original post by Beforetheworst
All my coursework is A/A* but my teacher hasn't taught us anything at all. Probs gonna get like a C or something. I hate people blaming their teacher for their failure but it is literally my teachers fault. Were top set and all predicted C's.

Oh dear! Well if you need a word at all, let me know and I can try and help as my teacher has taught us loads :-)
Aw man, that sucks! Well im here to help if you ever need it!

That's really nice of you, thanks! Yeah it does suck, Spanish is easier than French in my opinion :rolleyes:
Ah thankyou! I'll just have to hope for the best :s-smilie:
i am predicted A*s due to me living in spain for two years when i was younger, i think body parts and healthy living will come up for sure! good luck to you all! remember to get them question words revised like the difference between cuando and como, if you understand the question then you can have an educated guess. for listening i would suggest listening to spanish songs and seeing if you can pick out individual words. PS. with the reading you can take things from the text but remember to get the correct ending on verbs!
Reply 17
How can you revise for listening? Does listening to tapes for past papers help? :/ God, I'm so worried. Reading is fine but, listening? They talk too bloody fast.
Original post by iPriya
How can you revise for listening? Does listening to tapes for past papers help? :/ God, I'm so worried. Reading is fine but, listening? They talk too bloody fast.

with listening you don't need to know every word they are saying, you just have to pick out single words, to revise listen to spanish songs or do listening past papers
Got predicted a C for my Spanish. Am praying that holidays comes up as the last big question (can't remember how many marks :/......20? 15?) good luck all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending