The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1140
What was the empirical formula answer? I got Pb2O3 if i remember correctly :/
Original post by kwstudent
WELL.....
finally here it is!!
Plz msg me if it doesnt work for some reason....

MT for your patience! HAGE

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55797217&highlight=

Thanks so much!! Because of you I can go to sleep tonight because I worked out I got around 51/60! I was really worried before
For the C3 paper there was a question about ions where we had to write down the ion present ..for that question were we supposed to write 2 for each sentence on just one ion for each sentence
what did everyone put for question 1a for c2
Original post by Pra99
Thanks so much!! Because of you I can go to sleep tonight because I worked out I got around 51/60! I was really worried before

Aww nurries!!
Hey well done - good grade coming your way by the looks :smile:
Original post by olivialloyd
I am:s-smilie:

I always think listening tests are unfair because people who sit further away from the speaker hear it less clearly
Original post by Pra99

what did you put for question 1 c2
Original post by Theawesomejem
I agreee! bring on physics hopefully two a*s will pull up my biology (assuming chemistry is an a* which i really think it will be) physics grade boundaries are always low so that should be an a*. how are you feeling about the physics???

im in year 10 im doing unit 1 2 and 3 of biology and chemistry. Im doing physics next year. I really hope for 2 A*'s however i am ambivalent as to whether I will actuarly get this. what colledge are you applying to?
Original post by Jellie<3
What did people get for what did the electrolysis of sodium chloride produce?? I put hydrogen and couldnt remember the other so put sodium hydroxide

Yes correct I put the same and afterwards checked in my revision guide and it was right!!!:smile:
could you have put potassium carbonate for the soluble compounds table question
Original post by rumana101
what did you put for question 1 c2

The rate of reaction increased as the temperature increased
I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/
I think the grade boundaries might be:
B2: 41 <hopefully this is lower, though!
B3: 44
C2: 43
C3: 45
Original post by Pra99

could you have put greater the temperature, the faster the rate of reaction
Original post by Pra99

also what did you get for part b and c of this question
Original post by orangina44
I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/

I put that it was 9 atoms
Original post by Pra99

what did you put for the what type of compound is a metal oxide question?
Original post by orangina44

Its 9 as there's 1 pb, 3 x 2 = 6 O and 2x n =2 n. 1+6+2=9
Original post by igcse101
what did you put for the what type of compound is a metal oxide question?

It was either a base or an alkali
Still waiting for an unofficial markscheme :frown: im so worried that I didn't phrase things properly to get certain marks, hopefully not since the paper itself was easy. If anyone finds a markscheme can they link it here please?
That could be a factor

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending