The Student Room Group

AS Psychology AQA PSYA1/2 Revision Thread 2015!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anam
I think the 12 marker will be on abnormality(behavioural approach or psychological therapies) because last year the 12 marker was from the stress topic.

saying that though, the majority of teachers/forums/students said it would be cognitive on the PSYA1 paper and it was developmental, AQA are hard to predict because they like us to struggle...
Reply 1821
Original post by xabsx
saying that though, the majority of teachers/forums/students said it would be cognitive on the PSYA1 paper and it was developmental, AQA are hard to predict because they like us to struggle...

Hmm yeah true, AQA are so unpredictable so are you going to revise every possible 12 marker then?
Does anyone know the stress study of Brown and Harris and what they found? I have just been told to learn it and can't find anything online.Thank you!
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by hanewie123
Does anyone know the stress study of Brown and Harris and what they found? I have just been told to learn it and can't find anything online.Thank you!

They looked at mental illness, gender and social class and found working class women are most prone to depression due to the dual burden, but also because in comparison to middle class women they tend to experience more negative life events (e.g. divorce) and present more 'vulnerability' factors (e.g. 3+ children at home).
Do we need to know about the
Oral stage
anal stage
phalic stage and etc??
Original post by Anam
Hmm yeah true, AQA are so unpredictable so are you going to revise every possible 12 marker then?

pretty much, it's how i revise anyway so i remember the facts in order with evaluation, also do past papers obviously haha
Original post by Marli-Ruth
Do we need to know about the
Oral stage
anal stage
phalic stage and etc??

Yes well we got told you just need to know about what the baby gets happiness from at each stage and what will happen in the future if fixation occurs at these stages. Eg. Smoking addictions, I hope this helped ☺️
HHi, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to remember social, I'm fine with stress and individual differences it's just social that I struggle to remember, I also struggle to remember which answer goes with which question. Thanks☺️
whats the difference between downward narrow technique, CBT and REBT ?
Could anyone please come up with a mnemonic with the following letters, SAEPINPPC

Thanks 😂
Original post by nat100000
HHi, I'm just wondering if anyone could give me any tips on how to remember social, I'm fine with stress and individual differences it's just social that I struggle to remember, I also struggle to remember which answer goes with which question. Thanks☺️

maybe do like mind maps for all the sub topics in social- so like conformity research, explanations of obedience, explanations of independent behaviour etc... so its really clear in your head whats involved in each bit :smile: i find it helpful to put these on my wall as well and make yourself read it every day! you could also try acronyms or something so like for the conditions needed for social change through minority influence, you could come up with a way to remember each condition?
then you could do practise/past questions for social so that you know what to write? theres only so many questions they can come up with-they all tend to be quite similar so if you've practised you'll hopefully know what answer is relevant.
I don't really know what else, just keep going over everything :smile:

I have some flashcards I made on stress. There's a 'learn' section where questions are asked on the topics and you just need to answer, If you get them wrong, you have to answer it again in the next round. Its helped me remember a lot of my psychology and sociology especially with the research studies.

Do you want to use the flashcards?
Original post by Asdgytyubf
maybe do like mind maps for all the sub topics in social- so like conformity research, explanations of obedience, explanations of independent behaviour etc... so its really clear in your head whats involved in each bit :smile: i find it helpful to put these on my wall as well and make yourself read it every day! you could also try acronyms or something so like for the conditions needed for social change through minority influence, you could come up with a way to remember each condition?
then you could do practise/past questions for social so that you know what to write? theres only so many questions they can come up with-they all tend to be quite similar so if you've practised you'll hopefully know what answer is relevant.
I don't really know what else, just keep going over everything :smile:

Yeah I think I'll try those techniques, that was a big help thank you so much☺️
[QUOTE="undine_monty;55799873"]I have some flashcards I made on stress. There's a 'learn' section where questions are asked on the topics and you just need to answer, If you get them wrong, you have to answer it again in the next round. Its helped me remember a lot of my psychology and sociology especially with the research studies.

Do you want to use the flashcards?[/QUOTE
Yes if you don't mind that would be a big help thank you!☺️
Reply 1834
How is everyone learning all their 12 mark essays, i have written notes and that includes everything I need and every 12 mark essay that could come up in enough detail so they are all 12/12. But I'm really struggling to memorise all this!!! I need to learn it all, i have put so much effort in up until now that i can't just not do well purely because i didn't bother learning it. So how is everyone memorising everything?
Can anyone by any chance give me a good detailed definition of deviation from social norms, failure to function adequately and deviation from ideal mental health, for me to memorise, and if you have time the ao2 points for them too please. Its kind of hard sourcing all the info together from websites and i dont know if they're entirely right.
Yes well we got told you just need to know about what the baby gets happiness from at each stage and what will happen in the future if fixation occurs at these stages. Eg. Smoking addictions, I hope this helped ☺️

well this is awkward cos i heard you dont and its not in the book
does the cognitive, behavioural and psychodynamic approach all come under Psychological approaches?
Original post by yaya sanogo
well this is awkward cos i heard you dont and its not in the book

Ohhh I don't know then I'm just gonna learn it anyway because we use it in the AO1 for psychodynamic approach☺️

do you need any notes? i have a powerpoint i could send you, it's good because it gives you only the information you need to know to get full marks but not too much information which will overload your brain haha :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending