The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by orangina44
I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/
I think the grade boundaries might be:
B2: 41 <hopefully this is lower, though!
B3: 44
C2: 43
C3: 45

If your still unsure wot the question was check here : ive loaded it on
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55797217&highlight=
Original post by igcse101
what did you put for the what type of compound is a metal oxide question?

100 percent sure it's base
What did people get for why Iodine had a low boiling point?
Original post by 11Jason11
It was either a base or an alkali

so if i wrote an insoluble compound thats wrong? aha i so guessed half of the exam.. there goes my A* :frown:
Original post by joseph.luke10
Still waiting for an unofficial markscheme :frown: im so worried that I didn't phrase things properly to get certain marks, hopefully not since the paper itself was easy. If anyone finds a markscheme can they link it here please?

The paper is here if u want it
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?p=55797217&highlight=
:smile:
Original post by orangina44
I can't remember if this question came up in the C2 or C3 exam but it showed Pb(NO3)2, I think, and it asked how many atoms there are- what did you guys write? I wrote 2 but honestly people I know wrote 4,5,9..etc
Also, what is used with cryolite to get aluminium? I wrote graphite or carbon I think because I didn't think it could be bauxite as you extracted the aluminium oxide from it and the Al2O3 was what was being electrolysed..
Overall, I found chemistry a lot better than biology however looking back, I know I made silly mistakes and it may cost me an A* :/
I think the grade boundaries might be:
B2: 41 <hopefully this is lower, though!
B3: 44
C2: 43
C3: 45

Original post by neil20143
I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
-Diamond & Graphite
-Nanoparticles
-Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
-Catalysts
-Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
-Salts
-Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
-Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

All thoses Topics pretty much came up in the C2 Papers
Original post by rumana101
could you have put greater the temperature, the faster the rate of reaction

Yes defo
Original post by rumana101
also what did you get for part b and c of this question

B) because at 40 degrees more volume of gas was produced at a faster rate than at 20 degrees
c) 2
Original post by Synonym
For the C3 paper there was a question about ions where we had to write down the ion present ..for that question were we supposed to write 2 for each sentence on just one ion for each sentence

If you mean the x y and z you was meant to write two and I totally misread that so wrote 1. I am beyond annoyed because I memoried all the test for ions so they were easy marks:'(
Original post by LaurenLovesMaths
For the question about the overall temperature change in the reaction on C3, what was it? I got 14 degrees but others got 20:/

I put 14 then changed to 19 :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
What did you guys put for the one about different 'something' from the same reaction
I put the HDP has cross links so are stronger, LDP didn't have any cross links
Model c2 mark scheme anyone?
Original post by 11Jason11
What did you guys put for the one about different 'something' from the same reaction
I put the HDP has cross links so are stronger, LDP didn't have any cross links

I think this answer was you can change the pressure and temperature in the reaction.
Anyone know what the table of unknown compounds was in C3 and answers
Original post by Palette

i wrote bauxite (aluminium oxide)
I can try put up an unofficial mark scheme if you guys want?
If anyone's wondering the boiling point INCREASES as you go down group 7
Original post by neil20143
I can try put up an unofficial mark scheme if you guys want?

Go for it
Original post by stressthistest
i wrote bauxite (aluminium oxide)

I wrote 'alumina' which is another name for aluminium oxide. Bauxite's the ore they extract it from, so they'll accept that too.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending