The Student Room Group

Edexcel IAL Unit 6 Physics ~ 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

So what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? Will an A be below 30 or above 30?
Original post by AhmedBilal
So what do you guys think the grade boundaries will be? Will an A be below 30 or above 30?

Feels like A will be 30 and A* is 33 prolly. Easier than usual papers
Original post by Lallana 11
Da*** you talking about 27%!?!

Where is your working. I have shown you mine, dont just judge, show me what i did wrong mate :smile:
Original post by takis123
Where is your working. I have shown you mine, dont just judge, show me what i did wrong mate :smile:

Where did you get those values in the first place?, 4?
Reply 24
What did you guys get for the 1st part of question 2 i think the one on oscillations for finding an accurate value for T? I wasn't sure with that one.
Personally, I was really surprised some questions came up on LDR's so not sure if i got that bit right, but yeah i think an A will be either 29,30,31
Where did you get those values in the first place?, 4?

4 is half the range of the internal volume and 0.1 is half the range of the external volume or the other way around, which is their uncertainty and when you add or subtract values the uncertainty of the result which in this case was the volume of the metal is the sum of the uncertainties of the two values subtracts hence the uncertainty in the 15 cm^3 volume was 4.1 / 15 x100% to get the %U
How did you guys draw the apparatus with the position sensor and datalogger. I just made up a sketch of a position sensor(though idk how it looks like ) :/
Original post by iKaneee
What did you guys get for the 1st part of question 2 i think the one on oscillations for finding an accurate value for T? I wasn't sure with that one.
Personally, I was really surprised some questions came up on LDR's so not sure if i got that bit right, but yeah i think an A will be either 29,30,31

inorder to get an accurate value of T,we first had to set a marker point....then measure for atleast 10 oscillations....and then repeat and find the average.

I personally feel that 32/40 should be an A*
4 is half the range of the internal volume and 0.1 is half the range of the external volume or the other way around, which is their uncertainty and when you add or subtract values the uncertainty of the result which in this case was the volume of the metal is the sum of the uncertainties of the two values subtracts hence the uncertainty in the 15 cm^3 volume was 4.1 / 15 x100% to get the %U

Ahhhh! Well done :smile:
That's seem like the right way to do it. Kudos to you, soz
Reply 29
Original post by hussein.aliasger
inorder to get an accurate value of T,we first had to set a marker point....then measure for atleast 10 oscillations....and then repeat and find the average.

I personally feel that 32/40 should be an A*

Ahhhh Yeahhhh i put at least 10 oscillations then mean average, was only out of 2 so hopefully i got 2 those marks!
Original post by iKaneee
Ahhhh Yeahhhh i put at least 10 oscillations then mean average, was only out of 2 so hopefully i got 2 those marks!

You'll get your 2 marks...that's certain.

Wait but how did you get the range for the external volume?
Is it just me i found that this paper is more bizarre than usual papers ... i feel like my line wasn't a BFL in the last graph ugh but my gradient was 2.45 what about you guys?
Original post by kellyw03249
Is it just me i found that this paper is more bizarre than usual papers ... i feel like my line wasn't a BFL in the last graph ugh but my gradient was 2.45 what about you guys?

The 2nd last point doesn't go through the BFL.
Checked this with everyone and they all agree
Original post by kellyw03249
Wait but how did you get the range for the external volume?

It is half the range of the diameter given to the power of two which comes out to be 0.1^2 and i left it as 0.1 dont think im going to lose marks because it make negligible difference to the numbers, %U still comes out 27%. but im not even sure i had to sqaure the half the range, maybe its correct to leave it as 0.1
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 35
How did you guys draw the apparatus with the position sensor and datalogger. I just made up a sketch of a position sensor(though idk how it looks like ) :/

I wasnt sure with that either.. I put like 2 little circles to cover the distance of the oscillating spring and connected that to a little box thing and called that the position sensor, then connected that to the datalogger, just made that a longer box haha, i literally had no idea!!
Original post by iKaneee
I wasnt sure with that either.. I put like 2 little circles to cover the distance of the oscillating spring and connected that to a little box thing and called that the position sensor, then connected that to the datalogger, just made that a longer box haha, i literally had no idea!!

well,it seems we've done the same thing :0
Let us just hope for the best.
The 2nd last point doesn't go through the BFL.
Checked this with everyone and they all agree

My graph wasnt one of a BFL...Noone's was...so chill
Reply 38
well,it seems we've done the same thing :0
Let us just hope for the best.

Hope so!! Want that A* !!!
How should the set square diagram be drawn ?The one where u measure the diameter using set square and metre rule?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending