The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Matt1278
What where the ions for the 3 compounds?

X=iron(111) and sulfate I think?
Y=sodium and iodide
Z=Iron(11) and bromide

Not sure if that's right though
My C2 exam went well, but did not like C3 - it was completely different to last year's paper which my class have done as a mock.
For the 6 marker in c2, why did the temperature change stay at 35 degrees after 0.7???
Original post by neil20143
I made a prediction list of what I think will come in C2 if it'll help!:
-Diamond & Graphite
-Nanoparticles
-Thermosetting & Thermosoftening polymers
-Catalysts
-Electroplating? (not sure about this one :/ )
-Salts
-Empirical Formula (hasn't come up very recently so it's very likely)
-Simple Molecules (Why is Carbon Dioxide a gas at room temperature or something like this)

Most of those didn't come up but IF ONLY I HAD SEEN THIS THREAD EARLIER I COULD'VE REVISED EMPIRICAL FORMULA UGH WE HAVE NEVER BEEN TAUGHT IT AND I WAS LITERALLY CRYING IN THE EXAM IT WENT SO BADLY :frown:
I can add images of the chemistry C2 paper if any of you want to have another look at it :smile:
SOMEONE ANSWER
What was the question on C3 - the last question- asking about the mass? What was the exact question?
advantages and disadvantages of titration method and the other method
Original post by igcse101
so if i wrote an insoluble compound thats wrong? aha i so guessed half of the exam.. there goes my A* :frown:

I put unsolvable compound too!!! Haha probably wrong but at least I was not the only one!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 11Jason11
Who else put the reaction was oxidation for Ethanol becoming Ethanoic Acid?

I did too
Original post by samlu1999
Either 2 or 3 out of 4 depending on whether they award a mark for stating it is a giant lattice

i said that the negative ions of chlorine are attracted to the positive ions of sodium to form a giant lattice of ions which are held together with intermolecular forces etc
Original post by PawanAviator
I wouldn't think so , but if it was possible , i would've gave half a mark.
I think you wouldn't gain a mark. :frown:
Its just one mark though.

I think the question asked what was the catalyst

Oh right! Yeah, it's just one mark! Hopefully I won't be like a mark off a grade boundary hahahah

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lydia.B
My C2 exam went well, but did not like C3 - it was completely different to last year's paper which my class have done as a mock.

Does that mean you did both of them at the same time
Screen Shot 2015-05-14 at 20.05.58.pngWhat did everyone get for this question?
Original post by Matt1278
What where the ions for the 3 compounds?

I put sodium for x iron(ii) for y and iron(iii) for z
Anybody got the C3 paper by any chance?
Okay I know this has probably been asked many times now but was the temperature change one 20 degrees or 14?.... As I put 20 because i thought it was a neutralisation reaction (I can't remember if it was or not now) and I thought that the reaction ended once they are neutralised which is at the peak temperature before it dropped? Again, I think I am wrong. Can someone explain why it could be 14? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by adapttochangelad
X=iron(111) and sulfate I think?
Y=sodium and iodide
Z=Iron(11) and bromide

Not sure if that's right though
okay thanks, I'm sure I put barium instead of iron 2 as I read the NaoH test as flame test
would be cool if someone did a mark scheme?
I have the paper
For the ion question on C3 i only put 3 ions..:mad: but i know they were the right ones so how many marks would i get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending