The Student Room Group

Legal Vacation Schemes

I just wanted to get a grasp of what sort of grades people's apply with.

Firstly, is there any point applying in second year for vacation schemes if you are below a 2:1 on average? Secondly, will you still have a decent shot if you have a module or two under 60 but your average is about 60(2:1)?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
I just wanted to get a grasp of what sort of grades people's apply with.

Firstly, is there any point applying in second year for vacation schemes if you are below a 2:1 on average? Secondly, will you still have a decent shot if you have a module or two under 60 but your average is about 60(2:1)?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A 2.2 across first year won't help but it's not a fatal blow.

I didn't do too well in my first year (3 2.1s and 2 2.2 which averaged out at a borderline 2.1)

I managed to get VS offers from 1 MC, 1 US and 1SC + a couple of other interviews.

One module under 60 is fine, it becomes worrying when your 2.1 and above marks are in the minority.

If your marks are slightly underpar, make sure your extra curricular is tip top. Also, if you manage to get your foot in the door through first year workshops/insights, that will help.
Reply 2
Original post by J-SP
Really depends on the firm you are applying to. Some will be stricter on grades than others.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you applied to a magic circle with a high 2:2 in a module would that be pointless or would you still have a shot if your average was mid 2:1 level?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by liarpoker
A 2.2 across first year won't help but it's not a fatal blow.

I didn't do too well in my first year (3 2.1s and 2 2.2 which averaged out at a borderline 2.1)

I managed to get VS offers from 1 MC, 1 US and 1SC + a couple of other interviews.

One module under 60 is fine, it becomes worrying when your 2.1 and above marks are in the minority.

If your marks are slightly underpar, make sure your extra curricular is tip top. Also, if you manage to get your foot in the door through first year workshops/insights, that will help.

Which MC firm did you get an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Which MC firm did you get an offer from?

Posted from TSR Mobile

A&O.
Reply 5
Original post by liarpoker
A&O.

Congrats! How many first year insight days and open days did you go on?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iano101
Congrats! How many first year insight days and open days did you go on?

Posted from TSR Mobile

None.
Reply 7
Original post by iano101
If you applied to a magic circle with a high 2:2 in a module would that be pointless or would you still have a shot if your average was mid 2:1 level?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just to echo what liarpoker is saying, I got offers from two MC firms with a 2.2 in one of my modules and a mid 2.i average.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending