The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by TheGreatImposter
lol neither do I. Gonna hit tesco before school. It's really really simple though, I think there's a paper that had it lemme find it for you.
Have a go, you have to be prepared for whatever they throw at you.

Thankyou! I'll have a go.. Let's just hope it doesn't come up:frown:
Original post by Minnieh21
We haven't even been taught anything about this

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, I haven't the foggiest on what it is either. I wouldn't worry, surely it'd have been in guides or something if it was that important
Reply 122
Original post by jaggles123
I don't either! My teacher only told us about pie charts TODAY. Hopefully my teacher will find me one:s-smilie:

It's so annoying, my teacher hasn't even mentioned it... I wouldn't have known if I didn't come on here!
Original post by EmCrow
It's so annoying, my teacher hasn't even mentioned it... I wouldn't have known if I didn't come on here!

Thank god for Student Room!! Don't panic though, there's 1% chance pie charts will come up:smile: we will find out in 18 hours if pie charts are there ..... getting nervous i dont feel ready! :eek:
Reply 124
Original post by TheGreatImposter
Here (not sure if attachments work if not PM me your email)

They work, thank you so much!
Do we need to know the Mann-Whitney test and Chi-squared? We've only learnt Spearman's Rank...
Are there any other graphs etc. that anyone can think of that could come up tomorrow?
I have:
Line graphs
bar charts
pie charts
scatter graphs
atlas maps
sketch maps
triangular graphs
dispersion diagrams
logarithmic scales
choropleth maps
dot maps
proportional symbol maps
flow line maps
isoline maps
town centre plans
OS maps

.... any more? Thought it could remind a few people! :biggrin:
Original post by edwardsheeran
Do we need to know the Mann-Whitney test and Chi-squared? We've only learnt Spearman's Rank...

That's only for A2.
Reply 128
Original post by jaggles123
Thank god for Student Room!! Don't panic though, there's 1% chance pie charts will come up:smile: we will find out in 18 hours if pie charts are there ..... getting nervous i dont feel ready! :eek:

Knowing my luck it will come up 😒
Also we get the formula for standard deviation don't we?
Original post by sapphirehaze
Are there any other graphs etc. that anyone can think of that could come up tomorrow?
I have:
Line graphs
bar charts
pie charts
scatter graphs
atlas maps
sketch maps
triangular graphs
dispersion diagrams
logarithmic scales
choropleth maps
dot maps
proportional symbol maps
flow line maps
isoline maps
town centre plans
OS maps

.... any more? Thought it could remind a few people! :biggrin:

Kite diagrams? I'm not even sure if they're on the syllabus...
Reply 131
I am retaking this exam tomorrow after getting a U last year (god knows how) but luckily my Unit 1 grade was an A
Original post by lemxn
I am retaking this exam tomorrow after getting a U last year (god knows how) but luckily my Unit 1 grade was an A

Best of luck! Well done on the A! :smile:
Original post by edwardsheeran
Kite diagrams? I'm not even sure if they're on the syllabus...

I've not seen them as of yet... I hope they're not!
Does anyone know what the justification for the use of a proportional symbols diagram in your fieldwork would be ?
When it asks about secondary data does it mean the other sites done by different pairs?
Original post by Rabadon
Hey, what's the need to square root the values? Surely if you just make a constant such as 0.1 and multiply it all the values theyll be proportional still and you can use that as your radii?

Basically you square root the answers to find the radii, then you can make a key e.g 1 cm = 1 million people, therefore if you had a square root value of 8.9, you would using your compass measure out to 8.9cm (the radii of your circle) and draw a circle, this would show the circle as 79.9 million people
I think pie charts could come up, that paper was 2010 when they came up. That's ages ago!
Original post by MrKmas508
When it asks about secondary data does it mean the other sites done by different pairs?

You can use the met office weather forecasts and maps for this
Original post by Columbo97
I think pie charts could come up, that paper was 2010 when they came up. That's ages ago!

They've tested each skill once and I think Spearman's rank has come up twice. Basically they could ask us ANYTHING.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending