The Student Room Group

AQA General Studies Thurs 14th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by emiilya
What do you have to know about the UK and EU?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

It might not be on that it could be on anything
in my school we haven't had a single general studies lesson, and all the guidance they've given us is guess if we're unsure and that it's not hard....feel so unprepared
The topic that is going to come up is going to be about the effect of homosexuality and black people on Britain.
Reply 23
Im ****ting my self i have actually packed a spare change of panties for the exam.
wasn't that bad tbh but no idea how I did
Multiple choice was horrible but then written questions were easy
Reply 26
Original post by XpinappleX7
Multiple choice was horrible but then written questions were easy

My sentiments exactly. Among other things I think I mentioned Alton Towers, ancient Sparta, Charles Dickens, Liverpool, the Atari, ISIS, Theresa May and George Orwell at different points in my essay. I'm quite proud tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I actually laughed out loud at the Richard Dawkins question
What a ****ing dull exam. I hated the questions :Y
Original post by Krollo
My sentiments exactly. Among other things I think I mentioned Alton Towers, ancient Sparta, Charles Dickens, Liverpool, the Atari, ISIS, Theresa May and George Orwell at different points in my essay. I'm quite proud tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I managed to get ISIS in there too xD
Reply 30
http://youtu.be/fg8qg2Thlss

That exam just made me laugh because all I could think about was this sketch. :colondollar:
The Guardian article they gave on religion was dull as sh*t. It was horrible, time managed it poorly myself so didn't have long to answer the easy essay questions at the end.
Richard Dawkins, former Catholic priest, post-911 Islamic convert and promoter of "vague faith". The examiners had a field day with that question!
Found Source A interesting. ****ed up a few of the definitions. Laughed out loud at the Dawkins question and moderator asked why. Told him and he had a chuckle too.

I'd never done a past paper before, and found myself mostly copying sources word for word. Hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem in terms of my mark.. made a great analogy about how once you hit your child, you become the monster from the bed time story.
Original post by Krollo

Posted from TSR Mobile

How on earth.
Original post by billymccreith
Found Source A interesting. ****ed up a few of the definitions. Laughed out loud at the Dawkins question and moderator asked why. Told him and he had a chuckle too.

I'd never done a past paper before, and found myself mostly copying sources word for word. Hope it doesn't cause too much of a problem in terms of my mark.. made a great analogy about how once you hit your child, you become the monster from the bed time story.

I argued really strongly in favour of smacking your children (tho ofc i provided balance for the sake of fulfilling the question criteria), i hope the examiner doesn't think I'm a future child abuser
Original post by LoveToArgue
I argued really strongly in favour of smacking your children (tho ofc i provided balance for the sake of fulfilling the question criteria), i hope the examiner doesn't think I'm a future child abuser

I couldn't find a way to counter-argue (advocate smacking) so I just tried to be really powerful/emotive in my reasons against it.

Fairly interesting exam!
We actually had this debate in a French lesson not long ago (although we spoke in english, I don't think AQA would advocate us learning about arguably mild child abuse on the syllabus) so I basically reused my points
anyone know how to prepare for unit 2?
It's general studies, come on. Who's arsed?

Quick Reply

Latest