The Student Room Group

GCSE PE Friday 15th may

Anyone else got the EDEXCEL PE exam tomorrow? What did you guys get in your practical? I got 38/40 due to three arrows in archery bouncing off the board, and 19/20 in the PEP.
(edited 8 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Nerd
Reply 2
Original post by TGODwiz
Nerd

Its PE? How can I be a nerd? The practical isn't hard if your physically able and the PEP is answering questions of a sport of your choice? PE itself isn't a very hard subject
Reply 3
I'm sorry,you have an exam tomorrow, and you don't know your own board! -_-
Reply 4
just checked and I'm on EDEXCEL
Yesss I have the same exam tomorrow, practical I think I got the same as you but it's the theory in the exam I struggle with:/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ahh good luck, I remember this paper last year. A mark for naming a governing body xD. Just remember to smash your multiple choice questions, and choose the most logical option. Also make sure you hit the key words for definitions, and for the 6 markers ensure you address the entire question, and if it uses a case study of a specific person (e.g. the diet required for someone training for a marathon) ensure you link the factors you talk about in your answer to the person (carbo-loading in order to increase glycogen stores in the muscles in the days leading up to the marathon, for the marathon runner).
Thankyou!! Did you do well in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have it tomorrow and im doomed!! planning on drinking lots of coffee and doing an all nighter :biggrin:
Oooo good luck! It's definitely the only exam I've crammed for😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alisonclare
Thankyou!! Did you do well in it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

No worries haha c: Yeah I did, I got like 78/80 on the exam paper, full marks on my PEP and 38/40 for my 4 sports, only dropped the two in rounders because the moderator looked like he couldn't be bothered so didn't change the marks my teacher gave me, even though I managed to pull off a backhand and I managed to direct shots, which are 9 or 10 mark criteria haha. Plus we had never been taught tactics, like standing right on the edge of the box. When the girls we were playing against did that, we were all like :O wth, they're cheating xD. Long story short, we got destroyed. A group of elite male physical specimens, ruined by a group of girls xD. My pride was harmed that day.
Reply 11
guys any ideas what may come up for the six marker????
anyone doing AQA here ?
Reply 13
Hi I'm doing aqa but I can't find any threads with predictions or anything like that. Just cramming atm ahah
Reply 14
What do you think is gonna come up? I think it will be sporting organisations probably right?
Original post by deeetiaa
anyone doing AQA here ?

Yeah I am
Reply 16
Original post by SolBower
Yeah I am

Do you have any ideas on what might come up?
Original post by etata
Do you have any ideas on what might come up?

No, I don't do you?
Doing Edexcel....i freaking hate PE...but does anyone have any clues about potential 6 markers? :/
oh god im so screwed

Quick Reply

Latest