The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by heewonhappy
Hi, I am revising for my geog 2 exam tomorrow, but I just freaked out when I found out that you have those questions that ask to describe a chart (this part was fine) then explain the social, economic impacts, or whatever, things like that.
I thought geog2 wasn't testing my knowledge much
How should I revise this? and what kind of questions are these? What do I have to remember?? Can somebody tell me
??:confused:

Don't stress yourself out! There's not many questions in the first half anyway. Your best bet is to just read through your rivers and population notes and the impacts etc. You don't need to worry about case studies as I'm sure they're irrelevant in this exam. Read through your notes, remember your investigation. That's all you can do! Best of luck :smile:
Original post by Columbo97
Haha yeah please!!

sent :biggrin:
Original post by sapphirehaze
Don't stress yourself out! There's not many questions in the first half anyway. Your best bet is to just read through your rivers and population notes and the impacts etc. You don't need to worry about case studies as I'm sure they're irrelevant in this exam. Read through your notes, remember your investigation. That's all you can do! Best of luck :smile:

Thanks! I did not know about this until now hahah I will make sure I go over rivers and population notes! :cute:
If you are an a level geography student, good luck tomorrow!
:smile:
Original post by heewonhappy
Thanks! I did not know about this until now hahah I will make sure I go over rivers and population notes! :cute:
If you are an a level geography student, good luck tomorrow!
:smile:

Don't worry, it appears quite a few people didn't realise some of the things that are in the exam haha!
I sure am, thank you very much! :hugs:
Reply 184
SubwayLover1, talk about how secondary data is data collected by someone else and not your own, it may be better quality, more researched with more precise and accurate methods BUT there is the possibility of it not being appropriate for what you looking for, when you collect primary data you have an objective but with secondary it may be a small tangent and you have a lack of control over data quality
Ah, that makes much more sense now!
Original post by annabelflynn
Ah, that makes much more sense now!

That's ok
definitely failing this exam gg
Lucky I have a 4 hour revision session with my geography teachers before the exam so I'm relying on that.
good luck fam <3
Reply 190
I'm not really worried about this exam, The first section is quite easy tommorow, I don't know Kite diagrams so if that comes p i'm screwed and the correlation of spearmans rank, but that came up last year, all im doing know is I've written out all the 2) questions & answers, and remebering what type of question needs what type of answer, feeling good though. :smile:
Good luck everyone! I'm resitting, got a C last time round, hoping to match the A I got on Geog1, or at least improve my mark.

I'm hoping for a population question, seeing as last years paper was on flooding I'm feeling fairly lucky
For people worrying

Posted from TSR Mobile
In evaluate questions are we spouses to do advantages disadvantages and conclusion?.
In evaluate questions are we suposed to do advantages disadvantages and conclusion?.
Reply 196
I have a feeling that grid referencing might come up. Worth practicing a few examples.
Can anyone tell me the difference between the hypothesis and the aim of your fieldwork? The explanation I was given made them sound identical.
Original post by MrKmas508
In evaluate questions are we suposed to do advantages disadvantages and conclusion?.

Depends on what kind of evaluative question?
Generally you should talk about the pros and cons tho, and the conclusion only if relevant.
Reply 199
Original post by Dieselblue
Can anyone tell me the difference between the hypothesis and the aim of your fieldwork? The explanation I was given made them sound identical.

Its the same thing. E.g. the hypothesis was that channel characteristics change as we go downstream as predicted by bradshaw model whereas for the aim youd word it differently and say the aim of our investigation was to see if channel characteristics change as we go downstream as predicted by bradshaw model

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending