The Student Room Group

Can i still get a B? (English Lit Foundarion Tier)

Hi, for my control assessment i got an A. I was wondering if i can still get a B overall for my english Lit.
Original post by 2015LAD
Hi, for my control assessment i got an A. I was wondering if i can still get a B overall for my english Lit.

Yes you can, your exam is worth more than your CA so it can drag your mark down easily if you get a C for example
Reply 2
Original post by Gingerbread101
Yes you can, your exam is worth more than your CA so it can drag your mark down easily if you get a C for example

I have the same problem because I am doing the Foundation paper, so will I be still get higher than a C?

thanks
what percentage of coursework is your overall grade?
If you're doing edexcel its 10%
Although Im doing the higher award so im not completely sure if it's the same percentage for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JANONG
I have the same problem because I am doing the Foundation paper, so will I be still get higher than a C?

thanks

I think you could, as long as you got a very high C, although I'm not familiar with the technicalities of foundation papers
Original post by Emilythorb
what percentage of coursework is your overall grade?

at AQA I think it was 40% coursework
Original post by Gingerbread101
I think you could, as long as you got a very high C, although I'm not familiar with the technicalities of foundation papers

at AQA I think it was 40% coursework

I think it would be very hard and you'd have to get almost all the marks. Maybe ask your teacher if they could swap your tier?
Yes, it is possible for both English language and literature as long as you get good grades in both the coursework and exam.

I would really suggest you watch Mr Bruff on youtube-he is awesome.
Reply 8
Original post by Emilythorb
I think it would be very hard and you'd have to get almost all the marks. Maybe ask your teacher if they could swap your tier?

Tried telling her but she wouldn't let me sit the higher tier :frown:. But for language, i just managed to do the higher tier.
Reply 9
Original post by German123
Yes, it is possible for both English language and literature as long as you get good grades in both the coursework and exam.

I would really suggest you watch Mr Bruff on youtube-he is awesome.

Will do :smile:.
Reply 10
Original post by Strangerdanger
If you're doing edexcel its 10%
Although Im doing the higher award so im not completely sure if it's the same percentage for you

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know the exam board but I think it is 25% of control assessment and 75% exam.
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending