The Student Room Group

Am I allowed to do this?

Hello folks, I am American and I would post this on an America form but there is no real forum for students in America, that is as sophisticated in America so I am going to post it here. My prom is coming up and I have been elected as the 'Prom President' ridiculous title I know! Anyway, there is a girl I know who has recently pulled back from cancer, so she is pretty incredibly and she does not really have as many friends as she deserves. So what I was thinking is could I have a quiet word with the administration and get them to make her Prom President instead of me? So that maybe she can have a happy time after all of her suffering.
Reply 1
Or would that not be allowed? Would it be allowed at a British school and if so could that mean it might be allowed at my school in America? I would happily post this on an American forum and get out of your hair, if I knew of a good one.
Reply 2
why you asking us lol? why dont you just ask your teachers or whoever on the staff is in charge of the prom stuff
Reply 3
No harm in having a quiet word :smile: the worst they could do is say no
Reply 4
Original post by MAINE.
why you asking us lol? why dont you just ask your teachers or whoever on the staff is in charge of the prom stuff

Do you have proms in Britain? What is the protocol? Who should I contact?
Reply 5
Original post by Ezme39
No harm in having a quiet word :smile: the worst they could do is say no

The school does have a policy not relating to proms in particular but to life generally to 'understand situations and include everyone'. So, when I speak to someone tomorrow I will raise this. I feel that the girl has missed out on so much fun because of her cancer treatment that the least she deserves is to be prom president. Thank you for the advice!
Here in Britain proms aren't like your American ones. From what I've seen they don't seem as important for the students, nor do many get titles like yours so it's hard to relate. It's a nice thing what you're doing, instead of dropping it and giving it to her, why not ask her for help, not only will she feel better but at the same time gain a new friend! Only a suggestion but goodluck with however you go about it 👍🏼😁

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by Richpeasant
Here in Britain proms aren't like your American ones. From what I've seen they don't seem as important for the students, nor do many get titles like yours so it's hard to relate. It's a nice thing what you're doing, instead of dropping it and giving it to her, why not ask her for help, not only will she feel better but at the same time gain a new friend! Only a suggestion but goodluck with however you go about it ������������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a great point. Thank you for the advice!
Reply 8
Original post by Richpeasant
Here in Britain proms aren't like your American ones. From what I've seen they don't seem as important for the students, nor do many get titles like yours so it's hard to relate. It's a nice thing what you're doing, instead of dropping it and giving it to her, why not ask her for help, not only will she feel better but at the same time gain a new friend! Only a suggestion but goodluck with however you go about it ������������������

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will talk to the administration tomorrow and hopefully they will understand.
Reply 9
Original post by MAINE.

Thanks everyone, you are all great! I will talk to the administration tomorrow!
Yes, it should be fine! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending