The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE Chemistry - C2 & C3 (14th May 2015)

Scroll to see replies

Original post by willllm
Has anybody got a C3 mark scheme yet?

Thanks

No and there probably won't be one soon. I only made the C2 unofficial simply because someone was kind enough to put the paper online so I could write up then answers.
Original post by Pra99
I put that the concentration of the hydrochloride acid and of the the sodium hydroxide is still the same so the rate of reaction is still the same

Ooh yay I wrote that too ^_^
Original post by Beng������
I think a titration question will most certainly appear on the C3 exam. Aswell as calculating bond energies and probably testing for ions too. Just a guess tho:cool:

BRO NICE PREDICTIONS! DEFO TRITRATION YEH? Testing for ions is almost always guaranteed and nice prediction of bond energy calcs.:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
(edited 8 years ago)
The final 5 mark question on C3 was the most confusing question I have ever read.
Original post by Olivia197
Oh no- I thought it was asking about the backwards reaction because this produced the hydrogen iodide (can't remember what it was called) and so the yield of this would decrease because it is exothermic- how many marks would I lose?

You are right! It was asking about hydrogen iodide which was the reactant, so yh the yield of that would decrease if temp was raised
For the six marker on c2 it was collision theory right????????????????????????????????/
Original post by neil20143
Ooh yay I wrote that too ^_^

SERIOUSLY? Wow I thought I was the only one. Could be correct
Original post by kwstudent
No worries... Will do - but be prepared to wait a lil while if thats ok! Where would you like me to put them? shall i send them seperatly to you both? or is there any particular plc?

Can I have it as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by thomasconnor
For the six marker on c2 it was collision theory right????????????????????????????????/

That's whatI talked about :smile:
Thank you so much!!!
Original post by Hannzz98
Can I have it as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yep - Look for the post called C2 Paper GCSE - if u cant find it msg me and ill give u a link
Unofficial Grade Boundaries

Chemistry Unit 2
A*= 47
A= 42
B= 36
C= 30
D= 26

Chemistry Unit 3
A*= 45
A= 39
B= 32
C= 26
D= 21
Original post by teenhorrorstory
You are right! It was asking about hydrogen iodide which was the reactant, so yh the yield of that would decrease if temp was raised

Yeh less hydrogen iodide, more hydrogen and iodine as forward reaction is endothermic

Yes x
Did it stop because it was a neutralisation reaction and so it had been neutralised
Original post by 11Jason11
Unofficial Grade Boundaries

Chemistry Unit 2
A*= 47
A= 42
B= 36
C= 30
D= 26

Chemistry Unit 3
A*= 45
A= 39
B= 32
C= 26
D= 21

Where did you get these from?
Grade boundary predictions:

b2:43
b3:45

c2:48
c3:46

these are for a stars
Did it stop because it was a neutralisation reaction and so it had been neutralised

I said it stopped as there was No more zinc x
Reply 1358
Anyone here an astronomy exam tomorrow?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Pra99
Grade boundary predictions:

b2:43
b3:45

c2:48
c3:46

these are for a stars

I think for C3 it may be lower because it was quite a difficult paper