The Student Room Group

Cfe higher biology

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tinababy
Yeah I probably will. Well it also depends where I get offer as well :tongue: But Edinburgh does have a better reputation I guess. I am just not sure I am ready to leave my family if I am really honest :colondollar: I think I would get really homesick cos we're very close.

I think I'll have to go to Edinburgh in September as well cos I have no one to take me or go with me on the 19th on June but I might just take the train into Glasgow with one of my friends to see Glasgow.:smile:

what other unis are you thinking about?

I think I would get homesick anywhere tbh...but glasgow and Edinburgh are both the same distance from my family anyway so it doesn't make a difference. I'm not really sure I'm thinking heriot watt but I don't know where else... You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sweatpea_98
I think I would get homesick anywhere tbh...but glasgow and Edinburgh are both the same distance from my family anyway so it doesn't make a difference. I'm not really sure I'm thinking heriot watt but I don't know where else... You? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww :colondollar: But wld you stay home if you could?
Probably the usual choices for medicine...dundee, st andrews, glasgow and edinburgh. DOn't want to move to Aberdeen...too far away:tongue:
Aww :colondollar: But wld you stay home if you could?
Probably the usual choices for medicine...dundee, st andrews, glasgow and edinburgh. DOn't want to move to Aberdeen...too far away:tongue:

No probably not hahah! I would want to move away but it will be difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile
No probably not hahah! I would want to move away but it will be difficult

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I suppose you wld get the full student experience. But I wld hate living with so many other ppl in the same place. I wld hate living with messy and annoying ppl. :tongue: And I'm not weird or antisocial but I am scared to have awful neighbours.
Yeah I suppose you wld get the full student experience. But I wld hate living with so many other ppl in the same place. I wld hate living with messy and annoying ppl. :tongue: And I'm not weird or antisocial but I am scared to have awful neighbours.

I'm worried that I would end up sharing a flat with people I don't get along with :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm worried that I would end up sharing a flat with people I don't get along with :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha yeah... that drank all your milk and ate all your food:eek:
I watched that tv last year about "the secret life of students" and I was scarred for life. It was like a hub of mess, alcohol and STDs :tongue: I'm just not sure I wld fit in.
haha yeah... that drank all your milk and ate all your food:eek:
I watched that tv last year about "the secret life of students" and I was scarred for life. It was like a hub of mess, alcohol and STDs :tongue: I'm just not sure I wld fit in.

No don't worry I'm exactly the same so I'm sure there are lots of people who wouldn't fit into that... We'll just have to find them :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yeah the answers are vitamins, beef extract and fatty acid so I guess starch isn't one then

Posted from TSR Mobile

Bright red says vitamins and yeast :redface:
Does anybody have the full questions paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile
For the question on the bats, which box did you tick for the time the bats were in torpor?
Original post by Charlotte B
For the question on the bats, which box did you tick for the time the bats were in torpor?

I did the time when the graph was level but I'm not sure what time frame that was... What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I did the time when the graph was level but I'm not sure what time frame that was... What did you do?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm sure I did that as well, if I remeber rightly it was the last box?

I think so :smile: it was either last or second last

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think so :smile: it was either last or second last

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, it was the time where the solid line was straight, think it represented a lower heart rate

Yeah I did the one when it was flat. I think it was either last or second last...don't remember exactly.
For the same question about bats what did you put for the one where it asked for another way of avoiding adverse conditions and lowering metabolism? I wrote dormancy then hibernation next to it but then I scored out hibernation :tongue:
For the same question about bats what did you put for the one where it asked for another way of avoiding adverse conditions and lowering metabolism? I wrote dormancy then hibernation next to it but then I scored out hibernation :tongue:

I put hibernation
I put hibernation

Yeah now that i think about it I think you had to choose. But then I started questioning myself about hibernation vs aestivation and ended putting dormancy. Oh well.
Yeah now that i think about it I think you had to choose. But then I started questioning myself about hibernation vs aestivation and ended putting dormancy. Oh well.

I think all three of then could have been put in there though, I was going to put aestivation but went for hibernation instead! See for the question that asked what ensures the antibiotic resistance gene is passed on from the cell to daughter cells, did you say the antibiotic resistance gene?
I think all three of then could have been put in there though, I was going to put aestivation but went for hibernation instead! See for the question that asked what ensures the antibiotic resistance gene is passed on from the cell to daughter cells, did you say the antibiotic resistance gene?

I'm not sure which one ur talking about exactly because the two last ones were similar.
For the one that asked what ensures that the mixture only contains cells with the new plasmid I said putting it into the antibiotic as the cells without the plasmid with the gene for antibiotic resistance wld die.
For the second one that asked about what part of the plasmid ensures replication I said the replication point that was shown on the diagram.
Are u talking about these?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending