The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Really, really not ready for this exam later. :cry:
Original post by Valvopus
Have they done full blood work? Should give them an idea if it's infection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think so, showed low folic acid and that was it.

Original post by Midnightmemories
I know I'm not a doctor or anything, but have the thought about ME/CFS (forget what they call it nowadays)... I know someone who has it and they said they can't do a test for it, its just symptom based diagnosed... It's the same way they diagnosed my wrist issues, they just saw what i came with and said about RSI and yeah... No tests or that i think.. :/

I hope not, it's only started up over the past month, and I don't know if chronic fatigue can set in just like that? I know someone with it too and it sounds like a nightmare! :frown:

Original post by Pathway

:hugs: You'll get through it.

Original post by Odd socks

Hugs for you too. :hugs:
*sits on floor* I did not need to wake up to hear that from my mum
presentation went as well as I could have feasibly expected it to!! :h: I was pretty shaky and a bit stumbly but spoke for a whole ten minutes about science and ****. just so so relieved it's over :biggrin:
Original post by Pathway

:jumphug: You'll be fine! Am around if talking would help before/afterwards, sure it'll be alright though :yep:

Original post by superwolf
I hope not, it's only started up over the past month, and I don't know if chronic fatigue can set in just like that? I know someone with it too and it sounds like a nightmare! :frown:

It often starts after a virus I think, but not always. Mine did anyway but had loads going on around then anyway so we never really worked it out. Hope it isn't for you, it does seem to be a bit of a 'we don't know what on earth is wrong with you so we're just going to call it that' diagnosis but iirc it has to go on for six months or something first, can't really remember.

Original post by hellokittymad
*sits on floor* I did not need to wake up to hear that from my mum

:console:

Edit: Also well done Scary! :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by ScaryScience
presentation went as well as I could have feasibly expected it to!! :h: I was pretty shaky and a bit stumbly but spoke for a whole ten minutes about science and ****. just so so relieved it's over :biggrin:

PRSOM :angry:

thank you (: I didn't need to hear one sentence which was 'if it fails you could die' --- talking to my dad about my daddy and now i'm having a break down

:biggrin:

Original post by furryface12
It often starts after a virus I think, but not always. Mine did anyway but had loads going on around then anyway so we never really worked it out. Hope it isn't for you, it does seem to be a bit of a 'we don't know what on earth is wrong with you so we're just going to call it that' diagnosis but iirc it has to go on for six months or something first, can't really remember.

Thanks for the info, hope yours isn't affecting you too much. :console:
Hi, I would like some advice (also wonder if anyone experiences something similar?) I don't know how to start it off so I'm just going to get straight into it.

Sometimes I think I may have mild(?) OCD, I honestly don't know how else to describe it and I have done a little research and OCD usually comes up. I guess the compulsive behaviour is that I bite my nails and although this is a normal habit for most people, I pick and chew a the skin on my fingers, especially around my nails and sometimes the skin on the knuckles. From what I rememeber in A Level Psychology, the behaviour is linked to the obsessive thoughts with OCD. But I don't know what my "obsessive thoughts" would be; I find I chew my finger when I'm bored, stressed, nervous and it happens everyday when I'm not occupied with something else. My fingers look gross and the skin on my right litle finger is raised and a discoloured from me damaging the skin.

This horrible habit has been going on for a long time now, maybe even 5 years or more? I can't remember how it exactly started. I know I used to have strange habits, I would shut and close my bedroom door a certain number of times until it felt right; I had to use both hands to do it and sometimes it was shut the door 20 times with my left then switch to 20 with my right, I couldn't do it 10 time because the number had a 1 and 0. On good days it was 4 times on each hand and I find it always always always had to be an even number. I mean this doesn't happen anymore but sometimes I find that when I accidentally touch an object with my right hand, I need to touch it with my left. So far this hasn't been dangerous but I'm a little concerned about it especially with the skin biting habit.

I haven't seen anyone about it and occasionally my friends/family point out that my fingers look a bit weird and it makes me self conscious, they know I sometimes pick and bite at it but I don't think they know how serious I think it is. I've tried not doing it and sometimes it works, I stop myself half way but other days I'm just doing it without realising until I've pretty much peeled off a lot of skin until it's bleeding and sore. I've even tried moisturising my hands so I don't get little hang nails or cracks of dry skin to make it less tempting to pick but it doesn't always work. However I feel sometimes I pick at it when the layers of skin don't look even and because of that the skin never heals properly and the cycle continues.

:hugs: You'll get through it.

Hugs for you too. :hugs:

I'm not sure, spent most of last night having flashbacks. Brain is all over the place. Just so worried. :s-smilie: Thank you though. :hugs:

:jumphug: You'll be fine! Am around if talking would help before/afterwards, sure it'll be alright though :yep:

:console:

Edit: Also well done Scary! :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't know. :frown: So nervous.
Thanks everyone :smile: :grouphugs: hope you're all doing well :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)

:hugs: What's up?

I feel horrible. Voice won't shut up, and my stomach is killing me. I'm not sleeping properly either.
Original post by Pathway
I'm not sure, spent most of last night having flashbacks. Brain is all over the place. Just so worried. :s-smilie: Thank you though. :hugs:

Good luck :hugs: I'm sure it will go better than you think. You've done really well so far :yy:
Good luck :hugs: I'm sure it will go better than you think. You've done really well so far :yy:

Thank you. Yeah, I've actually been quite surprised at my grades (in a good way) given that I'm always coming out of exams not feeling great about them or having panic attacks in them, or not thinking I've understood the coursework properly...but I just hate it when my dad says I should be doing better. Like I am really trying to get good grades but they're never enough for him.
Original post by hellokittymad
thank you (: I didn't need to hear one sentence which was 'if it fails you could die' --- talking to my dad about my daddy and now i'm having a break down

That really isn't nice :frown: :hugs:

:biggrin:

Thanks for the info, hope yours isn't affecting you too much. :console:

It drives me mad but could be a lot worse. Partly my own fault cus I tend to go for the 'do whatever and deal with the pain afterwards' approach which definitely isn't the best one for recovery :redface:

Original post by Pathway

It'll be fine, as you just said to Scary you always do better than you think anyway :yep: Sorry about flashbacks :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile
That really isn't nice :frown: :hugs:

It drives me mad but could be a lot worse. Partly my own fault cus I tend to go for the 'do whatever and deal with the pain afterwards' approach which definitely isn't the best one for recovery :redface:

It'll be fine, as you just said to Scary you always do better than you think anyway :yep: Sorry about flashbacks :console:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it's luck. haha.
It's ok, not your fault.
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I would like some advice (also wonder if anyone experiences something similar?) I don't know how to start it off so I'm just going to get straight into it.

Sometimes I think I may have mild(?) OCD, I honestly don't know how else to describe it and I have done a little research and OCD usually comes up. I guess the compulsive behaviour is that I bite my nails and although this is a normal habit for most people, I pick and chew a the skin on my fingers, especially around my nails and sometimes the skin on the knuckles. From what I rememeber in A Level Psychology, the behaviour is linked to the obsessive thoughts with OCD. But I don't know what my "obsessive thoughts" would be; I find I chew my finger when I'm bored, stressed, nervous and it happens everyday when I'm not occupied with something else. My fingers look gross and the skin on my right litle finger is raised and a discoloured from me damaging the skin.

This horrible habit has been going on for a long time now, maybe even 5 years or more? I can't remember how it exactly started. I know I used to have strange habits, I would shut and close my bedroom door a certain number of times until it felt right; I had to use both hands to do it and sometimes it was shut the door 20 times with my left then switch to 20 with my right, I couldn't do it 10 time because the number had a 1 and 0. On good days it was 4 times on each hand and I find it always always always had to be an even number. I mean this doesn't happen anymore but sometimes I find that when I accidentally touch an object with my right hand, I need to touch it with my left. So far this hasn't been dangerous but I'm a little concerned about it especially with the skin biting habit.

I haven't seen anyone about it and occasionally my friends/family point out that my fingers look a bit weird and it makes me self conscious, they know I sometimes pick and bite at it but I don't think they know how serious I think it is. I've tried not doing it and sometimes it works, I stop myself half way but other days I'm just doing it without realising until I've pretty much peeled off a lot of skin until it's bleeding and sore. I've even tried moisturising my hands so I don't get little hang nails or cracks of dry skin to make it less tempting to pick but it doesn't always work. However I feel sometimes I pick at it when the layers of skin don't look even and because of that the skin never heals properly and the cycle continues.

Have you ever seen a doctor about this? I have a similar problem with picking at my skin, so I can definitely empathise! :console:

Original post by CescaD96
I feel horrible. Voice won't shut up, and my stomach is killing me. I'm not sleeping properly either.

:hugs: Got any antacids or other meds you could take?

One of my mice has to go to the vet again. :frown: Hate taking them, it always seems to lead to bad news...

:hugs: Got any antacids or other meds you could take?

One of my mice has to go to the vet again. :frown: Hate taking them, it always seems to lead to bad news...

Nothing works. :frown:

Hmm can lead to anaemia but that's about it. Hope your mouse is okay, which one is it?

I'm skipping therapy. Not entirely sure why except that rushing through a shower etc seemed too difficult. Going to try and get through most of neuro today but my brain isn't being helpful at all.

Latest