The Student Room Group

Edexcel geog unit 2 crowded coasts and rebranding

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Unicorn16
Guys.. can you tell me if we can learn one case study for urban & rural rebranding? I'm so nervous for tomorrow :frown:

Urban rebranding: Stratford (Olympics 2012), Eden Project & Dorking-(fieldwork). Are these ones okay or do I need to know other ones?

Rural rebranding: We can do the ones we did for our fieldwork right? Mine are Denbies farm and Bocketts farm.. do i need to know any other ones?

Coasts: Seaford (fieldwork case study).. what other coast ones are there that we need to know?
What coasts do I need to know about for coastal development?
Thank you!! And good luck everyone!

The more you know for rebranding the better. You can just use your research one if you want.
For coastal development, I was thinking maybe Dibden bay. I'll send a link to a picture showing information for it.

And for rural, yes you can use the ones from your fieldwork. =D
Anyone got any notes on the 2012 Olympics and Sustainable Rebranding??? I can't remember doing these, ahh!
Reply 42
Original post by endsp1el
Anyone got any notes on the 2012 Olympics and Sustainable Rebranding??? I can't remember doing these, ahh!

Sustainable - look at Dongtan China for sustainable development. I do have notes but I can't get them on my computer to send them you. Sorry
Original post by terryhb

The more you know for rebranding the better. You can just use your research one if you want.
For coastal development, I was thinking maybe Dibden bay. I'll send a link to a picture showing information for it.

And for rural, yes you can use the ones from your fieldwork. =D

Thank you so much for the picture, really helpful :smile:
And cool, thanks for making that clear :biggrin:
Reply 44
Guys what is meant by the land use questions and human pressures?

Also is anyone bothering about the increased risk of hazards stuff in coasts? It never comes up in papers by the looks of it..
Please can someone explain to me what is meant by the land use question? Thanks. I'm doing crowded coasts and rebranding
What is the difference between SMP and ICZM and which examples can you use for each? Would Holderness and the Thames Barrier be right?
Reply 47
Original post by -sophia-
What is the difference between SMP and ICZM and which examples can you use for each? Would Holderness and the Thames Barrier be right?

ICZM aims to establish sustainable economic and social activity whilst at the same time protect the coast.
for this I've learnt about Ainsdale Dune Reserve.

SMP uses a combination of hard and soft options to provide best solutions.
ive used Freiston Shore
predictions anyone??
Reply 49
Does anyone know what we'd write if the field work and research question was about technology?
Original post by hanaomar3737
predictions anyone??

I'm thinking something along the lines of limitations/weaknesses of fieldwork and research? Maybe something we've not seen before
Original post by harrydc123
I'm thinking something along the lines of limitations/weaknesses of fieldwork and research? Maybe something we've not seen before

I think we could get coastal development question for the 15 marker like jan 2012 it hasn't come up much and I'd doubt they would give use a 15 marker on limitations and weakness especially as it is the last year of this spec.
Original post by -sophia-

Those examples are right.
anyone doing rebranding? what do you think will come up
Reply 54
I'm doing Coasts and Rebranding... totally unsure what to expect in the exam... Exam less than 3hrs :frown:
anyone doing rebranding? what do you think will come up

definitely one about key players in either rural or urban rebranding
Original post by louisb8
I'm doing Coasts and Rebranding... totally unsure what to expect in the exam... Exam less than 3hrs :frown:

i know the stress:frown:
i dont think sustainable rebranding and management of coastal area for coasts will come up though as they came up last year
buteah im currently cramming the last few revision notes for the fieldwork and research questions
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 57
i know the stress:frown:
i dont think sustainable rebranding and management of coastal area for coasts will come up though as they came up last year
buteah im currently cramming the last few revision notes for the fielwork and reaseach questions

Me and some of my classmates are doing the same thing... Worried too :s-smilie:
Original post by ridwan12
definitely one about key players in either rural or urban rebranding

hopefully, what about coasts? im feeling a conflict matrix
Reply 59
hopefully, what about coasts? im feeling a conflict matrix

What's a conflict matrix??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending