The Student Room Group

English Literature May 15 2015 Exam. AQA

How did you guys find it. Felt like section B was better than section A, what did you put for section A?
Section A didn't have enough thoughts and feelings to write about...a bit dodgy in my opinion

Scroll to see replies

I did Feminine Gospels so it really helped with section A due to the feminist issues in the collection. Kinda wish I wrote more about the extract for A though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MSeriki_
How did you guys find it. Felt like section B was better than section A, what did you put for section A?
Section A didn't have enough thoughts and feelings to write about...a bit dodgy in my opinion

I feel the complete opposite haha although I must say section A part 1 was better than section B part 2, what did you answer?
Reply 3
Original post by blackdiamond97
I did Feminine Gospels so it really helped with section A due to the feminist issues in the collection. Kinda wish I wrote more about the extract for A though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are not supposed to use feminine Gospels in section A, you won't get marked for it.
Reply 4
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I feel the complete opposite haha although I must say section A part 1 was better than section B part 2, what did you answer?

oh yeah i answered section B part two as well. i spoke about how it uses beaufort scale to measure the rise of feminism and their liberation and how the teacher were an oppressive force towards the students. I compared the diet saying it agree and does not agree. I also used feminist critics. wbu?
Reply 5
Original post by blackdiamond97

Posted from TSR Mobile

don't worry you probably did well. i did section B part two as well and linked it to the beaufort scale and how it symbolizes the rise of feminism throughout the poem and the gradual grasp on to feminism, how the younger generations latched on to it first and the older generations took longer to latch on to the rise of feminism. linked it to 'White writing' 'Loud' 'Work' and 'The diet'
(edited 8 years ago)
oh yeah i answered section B part two as well. i spoke about how it uses beaufort scale to measure the rise of feminism and their liberation and how the teacher were an oppressive force towards the students. I compared the diet saying it agree and does not agree. I also used feminist critics. wbu?

Oh oops. I meant section A part 2 haha sorry. I answered the key significance question. I though it went quite well, although I didn't include 2 poems, just 1 :frown::redface:
How did everyone find the Edward Thomas/Frankenstein questions? I did part A and found these two questions were a Godsend, I messed up my first exam so I was terrified for this one, I'm super glad to find it went so well! ^^
Reply 8
Oh oops. I meant section A part 2 haha sorry. I answered the key significance question. I though it went quite well, although I didn't include 2 poems, just 1 :frown::redface:

if you analysed the one poem in deep depth of detail then you probably did well, but three would have been secure. but dont worry hopefully the grade boundaries are lowered because section A was quite dodgy.

same, - wouldn't worry. our teacher got scripts back last year and a student had done one poem each for two writers and got 25/42, but this was nothing to do with how much of the poems they'd use. So chill! if your comments were good enough on each poem you''ll be finnnneeee.
Reply 10
Original post by ClockworkPaws
How did everyone find the Edward Thomas/Frankenstein questions? I did part A and found these two questions were a Godsend, I messed up my first exam so I was terrified for this one, I'm super glad to find it went so well! ^^

ooo i cant help you on that one hhaha, is that Maya Angelou? because i did Carol Ann Duffy
if you analysed the one poem in deep depth of detail then you probably did well, but three would have been secure. but dont worry hopefully the grade boundaries are lowered because section A was quite dodgy.

3:eek::eek: in that time period, bloody hell!
Original post by thehollowcrown
same, - wouldn't worry. our teacher got scripts back last year and a student had done one poem each for two writers and got 25/42, but this was nothing to do with how much of the poems they'd use. So chill! if your comments were good enough on each poem you''ll be finnnneeee.

I'm totally chill lool but I don't know if I should be though.... Thanks I hope the same thing happens to me:redface:
Reply 13

trust me!! hahaha, but isn't it supposed to be out of 45? and what did he or she get overall?
You are not supposed to use feminine Gospels in section A, you won't get marked for it.

I learnt about the history of feminism while learning about FG, so I was saying how that helped with context

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm totally chill lool but I don't know if I should be though.... Thanks I hope the same thing happens to me:redface:

sorry yeah hahaha i'm all hyper so idk what im even saying lol
trust me!! hahaha, but isn't it supposed to be out of 45? and what did he or she get overall?

no it's out of 42 for section b isn't it? and they got an A, 50 marks overall :smile:
Reply 17
3:eek::eek: in that time period, bloody hell!

yeah i know right!! haha its quite hard even when your under pressure but it kinda helps you write faster and just chat bare
don't worry you probably did well. i did section B part two as well and linked it to the beaufort scale and how it symbolizes the rise of feminism throughout the poem and the gradual grasp on to feminism, how the younger generations latched on to it first and the older generations took longer to latch on to the rise of feminism. linked it to 'White writing' 'Loud' 'Work' and 'The diet'

Sorry, didn't see the other reply :colondollar:

Question 5 was easier to talk about because 'Laughter' is so different to the other poems. To be fair the poems needed for question 4 I didn't revise

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 19
no it's out of 42 for section b isn't it? and they got an A, 50 marks overall :smile:

haha no its out of 45!! its out of 45 for each question total marks is 90

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending