The Student Room Group

will i fail first year?

in term 1 i had three modules

I handed in the portfolio for the first module and did the presentation but could not hand in the final essay due to ill health and claimed non submission which was accepted (module worth 25%)

for the second module i did not do the essay (same reason-mitigating evidence was accepted) but did the presentation (worth 12.5%)

for the third module i did the mini essay and the presentation but not the final essay (worth 12.5%)

in the second term

the first module (25%) i handed in the portfolio and did the presentation but not the essay and the exam is next week

the second module (12.5%) i did the presentation and the deadline for the essay is due soon....

the third module (12.5%) i did the presentation and the deadline for the essay is due on monday....

I have to do the two essays by monday and the exam next saturday ( haven't started revising or writing the essays...)

and i got this e-mail from my student advisor:

I have a valid health reason for missing the deadlines and my boyfriend and i have been threatened with violence/sexual violence by someone in my halls of residence and this has made me want nothing to do with uni/i've tried to ignore college...but I just got this email....

Dear X,
I am the link advisor for (my subject's) students here in the Student Life Centre. I recently met with the Director of Student Experience in your school, X and she expressed concern for your progress this year. Would you like to come and see me here in the X to talk through how the year has gone for you, any difficulties you’ve experienced and your options at this point?
If you would prefer to see my colleague X again (you met with her in April) that’s fine too.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Best wishes,
X

i am staying at home right now because i am too scared to be in halls...will i be kicked out of uni?
i'm really scared...help anyone who has been in the same situation
anyone? x
Smh. They're offering to speak to you and you're just sitting there?

Get some perspective, OP, go and sort it out yourself. How is TSR meant to know how a specific course at a specific uni with a specific head will act in an *INDIVIDUAL SITUATION*?
Reply 3
Go and talk to them. My experience and that of my friends with the university staff, academic departments and student union in matters like this has been overwhelmingly positive.
Your uni has flagged you're having issues, I would advise you speak to them ASAP. They do care and they can help you sort things out but you must speak to them.
i just got the email and will speak to them tomorrow morning but basically my question is will i have to retake the year or just retake at the end of the summer as is the policy of my uni if i give them solid evidence of the bullying/health stuff? which i have...
Reply 6
Original post by marythestudent
i just got the email and will speak to them tomorrow morning but basically my question is will i have to retake the year or just retake at the end of the summer as is the policy of my uni if i give them solid evidence of the bullying/health stuff? which i have...

Nobody here can tell you. It will be up to your uni as to how it deals with your individual circumstances.

I certainly wouldn't read the email you've quoted, as threatening. It sounds more concerned for you and keen to understand your potential problems better.
Reply 7
I failed first year, it's no biggy. It actually have me a kick up the backside I needed
Original post by Sammy914
I failed first year, it's no biggy. It actually have me a kick up the backside I needed

What were your circumstances if you don't mind my asking?
Reply 9
I failed to submit 3 pieces of work and didn't turn up for an exam. I was offered to refer the modules in the summer but I thought it would be too much work to do inside one month so opted to repeated the year. Alls good now though, except for the extra 9000 I will have to pay back of course 😢

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending