The Student Room Group

The WWE Society II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1920
Original post by Excuse Me!
Wondering for everyone on this thread:

1) Who or what got you into wrestling?
When it used to be on Sky One during the Invasion period. I loved Stone Cold and The Rock, as well as Jericho, Booker T and Kurt Angle. The tag-team division during that period was mental, too: the Hardy Boyz, the Dudley Boyz, and Edge/Christian.
2) Which wrestlers were you most scared of or hated lost when you were younger?
I couldn't stand Triple H - and I still rate him as the best heel in the business, and I was pretty scared of Gangrel, Kane and The Undertaker until he became American Badass.
3) What's your last memory of wrestling before you found out it was per determined?
No idea.
Posted from TSR Mobile

Edited my answers in, mate.

Funnily enough, I stopped watching WWE from 2006 - but the Nexus' arrival got me back into it, and then 2011 was the summer of Punk and that was probably the height of my interest in wrestling from any era. It completely captivated me back into the product.
Wondering for everyone on this thread:

1) Who or what got you into wrestling?

2) Which wrestlers were you most scared of or hated lost when you were younger?

And

3) What's your last memory of wrestling before you found out it was per determined?

For me:

1) I was a huge fan of the Hardy Boyz, particularly Matt Hardy. and was amazed by their moves and totally drawn in by their charisma.

2) I was totally creeped out by the Boogeyman and couldn't watch when he spat the worms into a persons mouth.

Undertaker and Kane I found incredibly intimidating and am so glad I never bumped into them in public at that age.

I also remember being afraid of the Big Show and Umaga.

Evolution were scary to me for their bloody beat downs of anyone they saw fit.

I hated Cm Punk for his whole rivalry with Jeff Hardy but the couple I hated most was Edge and Lita after they cheated on Matt.

3) Last memory would be of the whole Jeff Hardy / Cm Punk rivalry although I think I hated Sheamus legitimately believing he was horrible after his raw debut.

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Found an old wrestling magazine in the spare bedroom of my flat, It was from the 90's, had a picture of the undertaker on it with his hands on a casket and a bouqet of flowers on the casket. Got interested, grandad bought be me "Backlash 2005" Got started from there.

Backlash 2005, 10 years ago, man time goes by :frown: think I got the DVD in 2006 - 2007 though

Family weren't that wealthy so I caught up through DVD's and magazines.

2. No wrestlers scared me but, guess I hated Muhammad Hassan and Davairi from that promo with them and Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels. Now as I'm older I understand they were right. Discrimination In USA and that is horrible.

3. Kids at school would always tell me that it was fake but I didn't believe them. As time went on when I kinda found out for myself.

Say when my favourite wrestler Undertaker hit the tombstone, the opponents head didn't even hit the ground, like half a metre above it but hit the 3 count. I couldn't understand that.

Know now that if you head hits the ground with your weight and Undertakers weight on top of you, you're pretty much paralyzed or have a splitting headache.

Edit: went of wrestling when I found out it was scripted between 2009 - 2013 but I got back into it a year ago.
(edited 8 years ago)
Btw, was on a website and found the most brutal Idea for Rusev vs Cena at Payback.

“Am I the only one that hopes Rusev wins the US title back at Payback by putting Lana in the Accolade and making Cena say “I Quit” to prevent harm to Lana? I feel this will make Rusev a monster heel.“

What do you think?
(edited 8 years ago)
Punk needs to come back! Why authority fired him???
Reply 1924
Original post by CrimsonRainDrops
Btw, was on a website and found the most brutal Idea for Rusev vs Cena at Payback.

“Am I the only one that hopes Rusev wins the US title back at Payback by putting Lana in the Accolade and making Cena say “I Quit” to prevent harm to Lana? I feel this will make Rusev a monster heel.“

What do you think?

Holy **** that would be good.

What do you think?

Why the **** wouldn't he just stop him then
Reply 1926
Original post by sanusense
Punk needs to come back! Why authority fired him???

It's a work, brother.
Original post by Mackay
Holy **** that would be good.

That'll make him one of the biggest heels in History.

Who are the best heels in WWE do you think anyway? of all time?
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Depleted

May take a bit of work, as Lana will suffer more by the second.
Original post by Depleted

Or even worse, he'll tie/ handcuff John Cena to a post or something and then put Lana in the accolade :afraid:
Reply 1930
That'll make him one of the biggest heels in History.

Who are the best heels in WWE do you think anyway? of all time?

My top five from the last decade: JBL, Triple H, CM Punk, Paul Heyman and Chris Jericho.
Original post by Mackay
Edited my answers in, mate.

Funnily enough, I stopped watching WWE from 2006 - but the Nexus' arrival got me back into it, and then 2011 was the summer of Punk and that was probably the height of my interest in wrestling from any era. It completely captivated me back into the product.

Have to agree with you on HHH. Best heel for me as well, just so easy to hate him.

For me Big Show's been a great heel over the years as well, would help if he didn't switch so often.

I'd of loved to be watching back when Hulk Hogan turned heel. I think you had to be watching wrestling when he was in his prime as i've never got him.

Vince Mcmahon was a great heel as well, so was Vickie Guerro who for me has been the best heel for the last 5 years or so.

Who would you say are the best heels currently?
1. Found an old wrestling magazine in the spare bedroom of my flat, It was from the 90's, had a picture of the undertaker on it with his hands on a casket and a bouqet of flowers on the casket. Got interested, grandad bought be me "Backlash 2005" Got started from there.

Backlash 2005, 10 years ago, man time goes by :frown: think I got the DVD in 2006 - 2007 though

Family weren't that wealthy so I caught up through DVD's and magazines.

2. No wrestlers scared me but, guess I hated Muhammad Hassan and Davairi from that promo with them and Hulk Hogan and Shawn Michaels. Now as I'm older I understand they were right. Discrimination In USA and that is horrible.

3. Kids at school would always tell me that it was fake but I didn't believe them. As time went on when I kinda found out for myself.

Say when my favourite wrestler Undertaker hit the tombstone, the opponents head didn't even hit the ground, like half a metre above it but hit the 3 count. I couldn't understand that.

Know now that if you head hits the ground with your weight and Undertakers weight on top of you, you're pretty much paralyzed or have a splitting headache.

Edit: went of wrestling when I found out it was scripted between 2009 - 2013 but I got back into it a year ago.

I never was able to watch it either. Saw it at a friends and would check the results online and the couple minute highlights on the website. Never had sky sports and only discover about 3/4 years ago the shows were put up online.

I remember my first DVD was a Shawn Michaels tagged classics set with matches from 1993 - 1997. Parents would never buy them for me and didn't have much luck convincing shop assistants i was old enough.

What or who made you get back into wrestling?
I never was able to watch it either. Saw it at a friends and would check the results online and the couple minute highlights on the website. Never had sky sports and only discover about 3/4 years ago the shows were put up online.

I remember my first DVD was a Shawn Michaels tagged classics set with matches from 1993 - 1997. Parents would never buy them for me and didn't have much luck convincing shop assistants i was old enough.

What or who made you get back into wrestling?

I started becoming nostalgic of my childhood and listened to the backlash 2005 theme, because I used to play the main menu of the Dvd over and over again since I had no internet to search the song.

Got back into wrestling after that.

If you want to know the song, it's "Stronger" By "Trust Company"
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 1934
Have to agree with you on HHH. Best heel for me as well, just so easy to hate him.

For me Big Show's been a great heel over the years as well, would help if he didn't switch so often.

I'd of loved to be watching back when Hulk Hogan turned heel. I think you had to be watching wrestling when he was in his prime as i've never got him.

Vince Mcmahon was a great heel as well, so was Vickie Guerro who for me has been the best heel for the last 5 years or so.

Who would you say are the best heels currently?

HHH was a master - especially during Evolution. That was definitely his zenith. He was great, too, because there seemed to be a thought that he was only successful through nepotism. He was a phenomenal worker, but everyone just assumed he was given everything. Him burying Steiner, Booker T and Goldberg in 2003 didn't help that.

I'd say that Rollins is the best in the company. HHH, in his corporate role, needs to be a 'tweener imo. Heyman can still cut a heel promo like nobody else, but I find it hard to truly despise him because he's just so good.

I'd say the best heels in WWE right now were Rollins, Wyatt and The Miz. That said, people like Wyatt because of the gimmick. It's almost cool to like him.
Original post by Mackay
HHH was a master - especially during Evolution. That was definitely his zenith. He was great, too, because there seemed to be a thought that he was only successful through nepotism. He was a phenomenal worker, but everyone just assumed he was given everything. Him burying Steiner, Booker T and Goldberg in 2003 didn't help that.

I'd say that Rollins is the best in the company. HHH, in his corporate role, needs to be a 'tweener imo. Heyman can still cut a heel promo like nobody else, but I find it hard to truly despise him because he's just so good.

I'd say the best heels in WWE right now were Rollins, Wyatt and The Miz. That said, people like Wyatt because of the gimmick. It's almost cool to like him.

I'd add Sheamus to that as well, delivers great matches and is a great vicious heel. Rusev is also pretty good but his whole thing is 'hating America' which is hard to get into when you're not from there. Really hope they don't split him up from Lana.

Anyone watched Smackdown this week? Not sure whether to watch it.
For those who have the network what have you been watching on it?

I've been watching quite a few Kane matches recently and pretty much all the specials. As someone who didn't watch the attitude era, Too Hot For TV is actually very enjoyable to watch.

Does anyone know if Tough Enough will be on the network? I thought that was the whole point of reviving it as an original programme?
Reply 1937
Rusev is also pretty good but his whole thing is 'hating America' which is hard to get into when you're not from there. Really hope they don't split him up from Lana.

Anyone watched Smackdown this week? Not sure whether to watch it.

I can't really buy into Rusev as a heel because I simply don't care about the Russian/USA angle. Lana is so good, though. Splitting them up and turning her face would be the end of them imo.

SmackDown was alright. Decent match between Ambrose and Sheamus, and Rollins and Ryback.

For those who have the network what have you been watching on it?

Does anyone know if Tough Enough will be on the network? I thought that was the whole point of reviving it as an original programme?

I think Tough Enough will be, yeah. Been watching a lot of the earlier episodes on the Network and YouTube recently.

I love watching the Beyond the Ring specials. I'm pretty keen on the Rivalries and WM Rewind bits, too, but they aren't as frequent as they were a few months back.
Hopefully I remember to watch the end of Payback. I always watch when something potentially amazing happens. Several awesome things could result from the title match, but I guess that means Rollins wins and that's it. Pft.
Original post by ozzyoscy
Hopefully I remember to watch the end of Payback. I always watch when something potentially amazing happens. Several awesome things could result from the title match, but I guess that means Rollins wins and that's it. Pft.

Annoying how bait they've made a Rollins win, with every show ending with him being speared or RKO'd, and the added stipulation of Kane's job being on the line. Wouldn't make sense for him to lose it either.

Quick Reply

Latest