The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by barnetlad
The Southend win was another eventful game. After his penalty miss Barry Corr should perhaps go back to the singing.

I expect Wycombe to win the final, and Preston the League One play off final. As for the Championship one, seems Middlesbrough should get to the final, and Norwich, but there could be surprises.

Norwich and Ipswich's match tomorrow is being dubbed 'Farmaggedon'.
Original post by Mackay
Norwich and Ipswich's match tomorrow is being dubbed 'Farmaggedon'.

Lol ffs
Original post by TornadoGR4
Lol ffs

Amazing. Prefer it to Old Farm derby.
Original post by Midlander
If you went up would Warburton/the board reverse course?

Nope, the disagreement is about how the club should move forward over the next 5/10 years. As a whole, Brentford fans are pretty confident Benham has someone competent lined up, or that he'll select the right person for the job, but there's always that lingering doubt.

Farmageddon is actually brilliant.
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by TornadoGR4
The club that dissolved in 2010?

Didn't realise that tbf, was just plucking a conference North team out of my FM knowledge
Original post by hskjlclcn
Didn't realise that tbf, was just plucking a conference North team out of my FM knowledge

Hah, they exist as Farsely AFC now, Phoenix club that rose immediately after Farsely Celtic collapsed. They're in the Northern Premier League Division One North, finished about midtable.
Original post by pharmacy15
Big game tonight for Middlesbrough, watching the game last week I would have to say Brentford deserved at least a draw but just couldn't finish their chances. But tonight with a full stadium Middlesbrough should win comfortably

I expect Boro to do it at the Riverside. I worry for them if they get promoted, though, with their emphasis on loan players.
Original post by Mackay
I expect Boro to do it at the Riverside. I worry for them if they get promoted, though, with their emphasis on loan players.

Nah with that promotion pay packet they'd be able to buy outright the loan players that got them promoted
Original post by shawn_o1
Nah with that promotion pay packet they'd be able to buy outright the loan players that got them promoted

Can't see Chelsea getting rid of Bamford that easily.
Boro to nervously edge through with 1-1 tonight me thinks.
So much for my predictions about bolton, club announce today that Craig Davies wont have his contract renewed.
Original post by Mackay

I recognise that as a real weakness of the the club. We don't have a real right back at the club as the previous loanees have left and are weak upfront without Bamford.

Great result last night, but I'm not expecting us to win the playoff final. Being a Boro fan encourages pessimism.
Great scenes at the Riverside, but I felt for Warburton. He'll get another job easily, though. Best of luck to him.
Bristol Rovers are the first side in 10 years to immediately bounce back to League 2. Credit where it's due for an impressive achievement.
Original post by Mackay
Bristol Rovers are the first side in 10 years to immediately bounce back to League 2. Credit where it's due for an impressive achievement.

I know this is pretty much unrelated but when was the last time a League Two side only lasted one season before dropping back to the Conference? [Rovers surely too big to go down again but Barnet could]
Original post by shawn_o1
I know this is pretty much unrelated but when was the last time a League Two side only lasted one season before dropping back to the Conference? [Rovers surely too big to go down again but Barnet could]

I'd be more intrigued if any two clubs from the same city achieved relegation in the same year, before promotion the next. Bristol City and Bristol Rovers have both done it this year! Despair to joy for the entire city.
Original post by Mackay
I'd be more intrigued if any two clubs from the same city achieved relegation in the same year, before promotion the next. Bristol City and Bristol Rovers have both done it this year! Despair to joy for the entire city.

Brizzle C didn't get relegated last year, they were just really really ****.
Original post by hskjlclcn
Brizzle C didn't get relegated last year, they were just really really ****.

Genuinely didn't know that they'd been in League One for two seasons. How did that pass me by? Fair play to them for turning it on this season.
Original post by Mackay

A club like that should never have been non league in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Midlander
A club like that should never have been non league in the first place.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You end up where you deserve to.

Quick Reply

Latest