The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE Spanish Reading/Listening - 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

I entered for Spanish GCSE at my school as the only student in the whole school so the heqdmasted was really hesitant to let me do it as my grade would represent 100% of the schools overall grade for Spanish, how ever I have not been taught in school or anything so my grammar can't be perfect, I lived in the Dom.rep for a couple years and personally I found the exams to be too easy, I don't think I dropped a mark between the two, and the reading was finished in 20 mins, I had to ask to leave early which they eventually allowed
If anyone wants me to think of answers to certain questions I would be more then happy to try remember what I got
Reply 42
Original post by Ukcurious
If anyone wants me to think of answers to certain questions I would be more then happy to try remember what I got

i found the listening impossible!! i don't remember the questions at all probably because i didn't understand any of it
Reply 43

Im not sure if you did the same paper as me as i live overseas but was Q4 listening one about a festival for you?? I thought it was hard!!

I said it lasted 9 days, and he liked the music as he hadn't heard it since he was young/reminded him of his childhood. Then for part 2 I said its dangerous because you can get robbed, and that you must always stay with a friend and not bring valuables, and that next summer he was going to stay with his brother in Valencia???
Not surprised if I got 0 on that- got A*s in both mocks but this seemed like the hardest paper so far!
Original post by dins432
i found the listening impossible!! i don't remember the questions at all probably because i didn't understand any of it

How about the reading? Remember any you wanna compare?
Reply 45
How about the reading? Remember any you wanna compare?

haha just realised im ocr not edexcel nevermind
Original post by emilygrace99
Im not sure if you did the same paper as me as i live overseas but was Q4 listening one about a festival for you?? I thought it was hard!!

I said it lasted 9 days, and he liked the music as he hadn't heard it since he was young/reminded him of his childhood. Then for part 2 I said its dangerous because you can get robbed, and that you must always stay with a friend and not bring valuables, and that next summer he was going to stay with his brother in Valencia???
Not surprised if I got 0 on that- got A*s in both mocks but this seemed like the hardest paper so far!

Yeah those answers were exactly what I also got! He said that he was going to save money to continue his studies but maybe he might go see his brother
Original post by dins432
haha just realised im ocr not edexcel nevermind

Oh haha okay
Reply 48

Yaay I got those bits too apart from the liking music bit but I think you got that right cause I just completely guessed mine!
Original post by spnlove
Yaay I got those bits too apart from the liking music bit but I think you got that right cause I just completely guessed mine!

Do you remember what you put instead?
Reply 50
Yeah those answers were exactly what I also got! He said that he was going to save money to continue his studies but maybe he might go see his brother

Original post by spnlove

Woahhh phew i was so worried hahah as my friend put something about a circus?!! lets hope grade boundaries are low :-)

Also the written one for the reading was tough, one of the questions was worded very weirdly- something about Manuel and what his daily routine shows about spanish teenagers?? thought that was odd.... and the last reading question about dream hotels- one question mentioned 'un corazon' and that was confusing!!! ahhhh need to stop worrying as its all over now!!
Reply 51
Do you remember what you put instead?

Yeah I put something about bullfighting but it wasn't even based on any word I'd heard, I literally just wrote it down
Woahhh phew i was so worried hahah as my friend put something about a circus?!! lets hope grade boundaries are low :-)

Also the written one for the reading was tough, one of the questions was worded very weirdly- something about Manuel and what his daily routine shows about spanish teenagers?? thought that was odd.... and the last reading question about dream hotels- one question mentioned 'un corazon' and that was confusing!!! ahhhh need to stop worrying as its all over now!!

They were talking about technology/Internet and the effects, my answers was they his routine showed that they're addicted to the Internet, and the last question was about future hotels and how they're going to have to change as they're main customers are people traveling for work so they're going to have to be more homely and in the future identical to a home, and it was talking about features such as a robot which would serve you 24/7 and identify your mood though facial expressions and also how hotel workers will need to know what the customer likes by talking to them ect...
Original post by spnlove
Yeah I put something about bullfighting but it wasn't even based on any word I'd heard, I literally just wrote it down

If in doubt just use stereotypes :cute:
What did everyone write about in the 20 marker? I did the blog about a friends birthday
Original post by Alex34215
What did everyone write about in the 20 marker? I did the blog about a friends birthday

Controlled assessment?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Controlled assessment?

Posted from TSR Mobile

In the reading and writing paper
What do you mean 20 marker?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Did you do Spanish edexcel?
Original post by Alex34215
Did you do Spanish edexcel?

Yeah I did 1H