The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 C4 Mathematics June 2015 - Official Thread

Scroll to see replies

Maths exams *
Original post by Efemena15
Is / does anyone use pencil for their exams? Not sure whether it's a good idea

I do. Our teacher read out an email from the exam board and they mentioned that the use of HB pencils should easily come up when scanned, although to be extra sure I suppose you could write in pen at the top of each question: "I wrote the answer in pencil". So if it doesn't come up, they clearly know they need to obtain the actual script. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 442
Original post by sagar448
Since this is the last year before A-level's format changes I think the examiners will probably want to go out with a big boom. I'm guessing this years paper will be really hard!

We are the penultimate year, the current AS people will do the last paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hmht
We are the penultimate year, the current AS people will do the last paper :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

The first new A level Maths papers will be in 2019 (since the Conservatives got in, so the reforms won't be stopped).
Maths is one of the subjects which is staying the same for a few extra years

Posted from TSR Mobile
Jan 2011 grade boundaries are 69 for an A... Is that even legal D:
Reply 446
Original post by knoxy.22
have any of you ever seen questions involving arc sin etc. in papers?

January 2007, last question
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Kill3er
Yup. I'm expecting very very difficult papers. Cant even get high marks on the easy ones atm :P

Why do you think it's going to be harder this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Medicjug
Why do you think it's going to be harder this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The trend in recent years has been increasing difficulty across the course for most modules, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a slightly harder paper.
I have been noticing the (R) on the June 2013 and June 2014 papers, does anyone know what this actually means?
Original post by LukeTownsend123
I have been noticing the (R) on the June 2013 and June 2014 papers, does anyone know what this actually means?

Papers that are done in different time regions.
Original post by usycool1
Papers that are done in different time regions.

it means replacement paper, some of which are done in differing time zones. However this is only true on certain exam boards. I believe that edexcel uses an international paper for different time zones.

Replacement papers are are available for every year if you know where to look. They are the papers that are used if a paper is leaked or lost before the exam dates. The replacement paper in 2013 was sat by every school in the UK bar one (who gave out the wrong paper) due a batch of papers being lost a week prior to the exams.

Hope that helps
Original post by adamivison
it means replacement paper, some of which are done in differing time zones. However this is only true on certain exam boards. I believe that edexcel uses an international paper for different time zones.

Replacement papers are are available for every year if you know where to look. They are the papers that are used if a paper is leaked or lost before the exam dates. The replacement paper in 2013 was sat by every school in the UK bar one (who gave out the wrong paper) due a batch of papers being lost a week prior to the exams.

Hope that helps

I'm afraid not: https://knowledgebase.edexcel.com/?p=1749

The replacement 2013 papers weren't the 'R' papers. The 'R' papers were sat in different time zones.
(edited 8 years ago)
I am currently at the stage where I am borderline A*/A in my C4 exams, but I want to get a secure A*. The only marks I am losing are small mistakes or if the question is an abstract one. Anyone have any good techniques to get an A*, securely? (75/75) I've done virtually every past paper and I'm not sure what else I can do!
Original post by LukeTownsend123
I am currently at the stage where I am borderline A*/A in my C4 exams, but I want to get a secure A*. The only marks I am losing are small mistakes or if the question is an abstract one. Anyone have any good techniques to get an A*, securely? (75/75) I've done virtually every past paper and I'm not sure what else I can do!

Solomon papers

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just finished my 4th C4 paper and scored 63/75.
My vector knowledge is shaky at times :frown:

Still got 7x more Edexcel C4 papers to work through and then perhaps the June 2013/2014 (R) papers as-well.
Original post by TH3-FL45H

The trouble is, last year my friend was at a similar stage with C1 and C2, then once he'd done the Solomon papers his brain made him more adapt to Solomon papers than Edexcel papers and for me, being adapt to Edexcel helps me score so highly.
Original post by XxKingSniprxX
Just finished my 4th C4 paper and scored 63/75.
My vector knowledge is shaky at times :frown:

Still got 7x more Edexcel C4 papers to work through and then perhaps the June 2013/2014 (R) papers as-well.

I think Vectors is by far the hardest part of C4! The best way I started to get used to them was just do past questions, even ones from before 2006! I think June 2013 (R) is the hardest C4 paper I've seen and Jan 2011 is the easiest.
Reply 458
How would I integrate 2sinycosysiny

So 2siny^2cosy

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lam12
How would I integrate 2sinycosysiny

So 2siny^2cosy

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well cos is the differential of sin. Consider to the higher power (sinx)^3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending