The Student Room Group

Edexcel Unit 2 Geography - 15 May 2015 exam

Hey guys. How do you think you did today?

I did Crowded Coasts and Rebranding, some questions were a disaster. The figure which related to crowded coasts was rubbish...:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I did the Coasts and Unequal Spaces. The source for the Coasts did seem a bit useless but related back to the question really well I found. I feel that the exam paper was majorly different to the past papers from 2010. Has anyone else noticed that?
Reply 2
Original post by JayPLee
I did the Coasts and Unequal Spaces. The source for the Coasts did seem a bit useless but related back to the question really well I found. I feel that the exam paper was majorly different to the past papers from 2010. Has anyone else noticed that?

Hey,
What did you write for part a and c for unequal spaces?
Reply 3
Original post by Glider
Hey,
What did you write for part a and c for unequal spaces?

Part A) I write wrote about how the levels had varied and the typical knowledge of West London is Wealthier that Eastern and Central London and compared Tower Hamlet to Richmond.

Part C) I went back to a new report my teacher had given me in a revision class last night about Uganda and how 95% of the population if 'off the grid' so they aren't connected to major affairs and it will cost a lot to connect them so the money isn't invested but its up to NGOs to help.
Thought the exam was on the hard side. Managed to finish it....thank god! But I am a bit unsure about my answers to a couple of questions. I did crowded coasts and unequal spaces.
Original post by JayPLee
Part A) I write wrote about how the levels had varied and the typical knowledge of West London is Wealthier that Eastern and Central London and compared Tower Hamlet to Richmond.

Part C) I went back to a new report my teacher had given me in a revision class last night about Uganda and how 95% of the population if 'off the grid' so they aren't connected to major affairs and it will cost a lot to connect them so the money isn't invested but its up to NGOs to help.

Wow, we never learned about anything abroad. I talked about how there was a lack of jobs, shops and transport in Rural areas because it was unprofitable for businesses to invest. With a small village near me as an example.
Reply 6
Anyone who did rebranding was the last 10 marker for rural areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
Anyone who did rebranding was the last 10 marker for rural areas?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah the question said rural
Reply 8
Original post by lulumaca16
Yeah the question said rural

God damn I read urban!! I did two killer case studies as well. Do you think I will be credited any marks for that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by econam
God damn I read urban!! I did two killer case studies as well. Do you think I will be credited any marks for that question?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hopefully! I guess if you answered the question before you brought in the case studies
Reply 10
Guys what did people write for the part c) for Rebranding Places?
Reply 11
I talked about Cornwall and how rebranding schemes such as the Eden project, surf schools, increased art and culture through festivals and museums and the expansion of the CUC (combined universities in Cornwall) would attract both businesses and visitors.
Eg CUC- attract businesses as they have access to a wider range of skilled graduates. Their businesses, provide investment that helps the local economy and accelerates the rebranding process. :smile:
It was bad paper ngl. Forgot to use the figures aha
Posted from TSR Mobile

For some silly reason I talked about bournemouth aswell :/
Reply 14
for part c rebranding i talked about thetford, glastonbury and a rebranding nokia initiative in an ledc, will the last point get any marks? is it relevant?
Hey guys, I did Coasts and Rebranding.

Anyone remember what they wrote for the question on describing successes with examples of 2 different types of coastal defence? Did they mean hard and soft, or 2 different types of hard???
Original post by Curtis512
Hey guys, I did Coasts and Rebranding.

Anyone remember what they wrote for the question on describing successes with examples of 2 different types of coastal defence? Did they mean hard and soft, or 2 different types of hard???

Also, what did people write for the first part of question 2 when it asked about how competing land use could create pressures on the coast? I talked about dredging of salt marshes like at Tokyo Bay creating environmental degradation and loss of biodiversity. Coastal sand dune erosion, footpath erosion, tourists leading to increaser litter and air pollution and possible decrease in coastal fisheries and birds being scared away...
Original post by Curtis512
Also, what did people write for the first part of question 2 when it asked about how competing land use could create pressures on the coast? I talked about dredging of salt marshes like at Tokyo Bay creating environmental degradation and loss of biodiversity. Coastal sand dune erosion, footpath erosion, tourists leading to increaser litter and air pollution and possible decrease in coastal fisheries and birds being scared away...

Yeah that sounds good!!! I wrote about Footpath erosion from tourists, demand for fish, high biodiversity areas, farmland and industrialisation. Was my worst question.....only managed like 2 examples!
Original post by TheNervousWreck
Yeah that sounds good!!! I wrote about Footpath erosion from tourists, demand for fish, high biodiversity areas, farmland and industrialisation. Was my worst question.....only managed like 2 examples!

Hopefully that's enough!
Did the culture and heritage question ask for a rural or urban area?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending