The Student Room Group

Gcse aqa physical education official thread 15/05/15

I actually thought the exam went okay? A few questions were a bit hard but apart from that it was an okay paper, hoping for a good grade now. How did everyone else find it?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jamesstanley0
I actually thought the exam went okay? A few questions were a bit hard but apart from that it was an okay paper, hoping for a good grade now. How did everyone else find it?

I found it alright but what did you put for the youth sport trust question?
Also what things did you include for what is an amateur question(4 marks)
Reply 2
For the youth trust, I put the national talent programme but not sure if that's correct.
For the amateur I said someone who doesn't play professional, doesn't do it for the money and does it for enjoyment.
What did you put down for the first question about career in sport after the multiple choice questions. I put player or performer. Is this right or did it have to be something like football player?
Original post by adapttochangelad
I found it alright but what did you put for the youth sport trust question?
Also what things did you include for what is an amateur question(4 marks)

the youth sport question was about their volunteering and leadership programme they off but what did you put the for 8 mar questions?
I said about sporting chance and sporting start
I got an A* in practical do you think if I get a B in theory I can get an A overall??
It's 60% practical 40% theory so if you get 50% on your test and 100% on your practical does that mean you get 80% overall?
I got a B in practical so what would I have needed to get in today's test for an A?
Original post by Katie.Bell
I got a B in practical so what would I have needed to get in today's test for an A?

Depending how high your B was I think, either a high B or an A
If you got 80/80 on practical and 10/10 on theory then you needed around 54 to get an A and around 62 to get an A*. I put sports physiotherapist and to say why I said due to you learning about the bones and muscles not a football player!!!
I put a football coach and then that you learn the right training you should do for the sport, how to treat players (encourage and motivate) but I think it's completely wrong
Original post by 13pamina13
the youth sport question was about their volunteering and leadership programme they off but what did you put the for 8 mar questions?

For the muscle 8 marker I wrote about the three types of strength(explosive,static and dynamic) and then linked to Ben
For the technology 8 marker I wrote about safety/foam pits, using software such as Kandle and Dartfish to show replays of performance, hear rate monitors etc.
Reply 12
Original post by Obes20
For the youth trust, I put the national talent programme but not sure if that's correct.
For the amateur I said someone who doesn't play professional, doesn't do it for the money and does it for enjoyment.
What did you put down for the first question about career in sport after the multiple choice questions. I put player or performer. Is this right or did it have to be something like football player?

I just put player/performer because obviously that's a career - but would you have needed to be specific?
Original post by Jamesstanley0

I found it about the same but I think my course work is going to up my grade the most
Original post by iPatr0nus
I got an A* in practical do you think if I get a B in theory I can get an A overall??

If you got an A* in course work then it is
0 marks for a C
20 marks for a B
40 marks for a A
60+ marks for a A*
What would 85/90 be is it an A or A*? And for the youth sports trust I mentioned the passport programme where they can track hours volunteered and then gain rewards for it and then on the second point I mentioned the gove sport a go initiative but that was sport england, overall think I got about 50 marks
Reply 16
Has anyone got an unofficial mark scheme for this paper?
This paper really caught me out, surprised by the lack of questions on bones, muscles and general physical aspects of sport. Hoping good Practical scores can carry me to a decent grade!
Yeah,does anyone have an idea of a whole mark scheme whilst its fresh in your mind?
How about the multi-choice one about the ectomorph? Because I put Judo but my teachers said it was a basketball player?! So confused.:confused:

Quick Reply

Latest