The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society XVI

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Valvopus
Hmm can lead to anaemia but that's about it. Hope your mouse is okay, which one is it?

I'm skipping therapy. Not entirely sure why except that rushing through a shower etc seemed too difficult. Going to try and get through most of neuro today but my brain isn't being helpful at all.

Dolly - think she's got an eye infection.

:hugs: Hope the studying sticks!
Original post by Valvopus

I'm skipping therapy. Not entirely sure why except that rushing through a shower etc seemed too difficult. Going to try and get through most of neuro today but my brain isn't being helpful at all.

I'm supposed to be revising for my neuroscience module today and it's all going over my head. Good luck!
Original post by Pathway
Thank you. Yeah, I've actually been quite surprised at my grades (in a good way) given that I'm always coming out of exams not feeling great about them or having panic attacks in them, or not thinking I've understood the coursework properly...but I just hate it when my dad says I should be doing better. Like I am really trying to get good grades but they're never enough for him.

Your grades are excellent and you should be very proud of yourself. Also, don't listen to your dad. My parents are very much of the opinion that nothing is good enough, and the moment I realised that whatever I did, I would never be good enough, was a liberating moment. Suddenly you're not tied down by other people's beliefs or living for someone else. Just do your best, and whatever that may be, is good enough :hugs:
Original post by superwolf
Dolly - think she's got an eye infection.

:hugs: Hope the studying sticks!

Really sorry to hear about your mouse, hope it's easily treated :hugs:
Got an interview at and EBD (emotional and behavioural disorder) school next week.

I really hope I get it. It would be like making it up for my mental health as a child if I can change one kids life and overcome their problems.
Original post by Noodlzzz
Got an interview at and EBD (emotional and behavioural disorder) school next week.

I really hope I get it. It would be like making it up for my mental health as a child if I can change one kids life and overcome their problems.

Sounds great! I hope you get it. How are you doing? Good luck with the interview :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Noodlzzz

:woo: Sounds awesome! You'll be fantastic, really hope you get it. If you want to go over interview questions or anything PM me - I may or may not be helpful, but the offer's there. :tongue:
mentor person wants me to think about this time last year and what has helped me and stuff...

Honestly not sure i want to think about this time last year to be honest...
Original post by Midnightmemories
mentor person wants me to think about this time last year and what has helped me and stuff...

Honestly not sure i want to think about this time last year to be honest...

:console: Maybe talk it over with a friend who can stop you feeling too low about it all?
:console: Maybe talk it over with a friend who can stop you feeling too low about it all?

She wants me to go and see her on Monday and speak with her about it.. So i don't really have the time apart from this weekend to speak to a friend.. Because I'm seeing her after my exam on Monday, which is in the morning.. :/
Original post by Midnightmemories
She wants me to go and see her on Monday and speak with her about it.. So i don't really have the time apart from this weekend to speak to a friend.. Because I'm seeing her after my exam on Monday, which is in the morning.. :/

Hmm, maybe just leave off thinking about it till you're there with her and try and explore things during that time? You don't want to bring up a whole mess of emotions right during your exams!
Hmm, maybe just leave off thinking about it till you're there with her and try and explore things during that time? You don't want to bring up a whole mess of emotions right during your exams!

Maybe... She doesn't want to hear "i don't know" for a answer, apparently! :P
ramble/ED

Spoiler

Original post by ScaryScience
Your grades are excellent and you should be very proud of yourself. Also, don't listen to your dad. My parents are very much of the opinion that nothing is good enough, and the moment I realised that whatever I did, I would never be good enough, was a liberating moment. Suddenly you're not tied down by other people's beliefs or living for someone else. Just do your best, and whatever that may be, is good enough :hugs:

Just difficult. :frown: I know what you mean though. :hugs: Sorry your parents are bad too. Well done on your presentation though. :jumphug: How are you feeling?

Can PM me if you want to talk about ED stuff, am not in a very triggery mood ED wise right now. :hugs:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by Pathway
Just difficult. :frown: I know what you mean though. :hugs: Sorry your parents are bad too. Well done on your presentation though. :jumphug: How are you feeling?

Can PM me if you want to talk about ED stuff, am not in a very triggery mood ED wise right now. :hugs:

Yeah I understand :frown: How was your exam? :hugs: Not feeling great right now. and thanks for the offer, if you need a chat then feel free to PM too :hugs:
Yeah I understand :frown: How was your exam? :hugs: Not feeling great right now. and thanks for the offer, if you need a chat then feel free to PM too :hugs:

Not sure. :dontknow: It was three essays, my word count averaged out at just over 700 (I use a computer during exams). So I think I did ok. About a page or so each, size 12 font...lol. Dunno if it's enough, mehhhhhh. Don't even know if what I wrote was correct or not either. :s-smilie: Don't want to check...not that I remember what I wrote now anyway, lmao.

:hugs: Here if you need anything at all and thank you. :h:
Original post by Pathway
Not sure. :dontknow: It was three essays, my word count averaged out at just over 700 (I use a computer during exams). So I think I did ok. About a page or so each, size 12 font...lol. Dunno if it's enough, mehhhhhh. Don't even know if what I wrote was correct or not either. :s-smilie: Don't want to check...not that I remember what I wrote now anyway, lmao.

:hugs: Here if you need anything at all and thank you. :h:

That's amazing! Absolutely loads, especially under exam conditions, well done :hugs: Yeah I never check with these things tbh, always end up freaking myself out. And thank you :hugs:
presentation went as well as I could have feasibly expected it to!! :h: I was pretty shaky and a bit stumbly but spoke for a whole ten minutes about science and ****. just so so relieved it's over :biggrin:

SO proud :love:

It let me rep you :eek:
You'd think that the trainee with the wobbly mental health would be the one Ofsted and external examiner wouldn't come out to see on placement.

So much fricking pressure. I feel so sick. If I balls anything up it reflects on all of the current trainees.

I'm worried sick and I'm fighting with my girlfriend because I'm so stressed out at everything.

I'm a fricking wreck right now.
Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
SO proud :love:

It let me rep you :eek:

Thanks lovely :kissing2: How are you doing? Hope you managed some sleep last night in the end? :console: :hugs:

Latest