The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS History, 2015, 6HI01F - Expansion and Challenge of Nationalism

Discussion thread for this exam, tomorrow afternoon 13th May!

Good luck for all taking, any tips/predictions shared below?
Reply 1
Helloo! I am super stressed out for this exam!
I'm dreading it.. I actually do Option E, but it's essentially the same thing. I do Republicanism, Civil War and Francoism in Spain (E4), and The Middle East: The State of Israel and Arab Nationalism (E6). Pretty much alright as I can hope to be for Spain, but Israel, god no. Anyone doing the same ones? If so, do you know what might come up? :smile:
Reply 3
I can't find any other threads about this but how did you guys find it?
I did the Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany ones but I think it's safe to say that I completely failed it so now I basically need 100 UMS on my unit 2 exam:s-smilie:
Reply 4
Original post by artparty
I can't find any other threads about this but how did you guys find it?
I did the Fascist Italy and Nazi Germany ones but I think it's safe to say that I completely failed it so now I basically need 100 UMS on my unit 2 exam:s-smilie:

I did unification of Italy and Fascist Italy.
Which essay did you do for Fascism?

Which topic do you do for unit 2?
Reply 5
Original post by lucyx
I did unification of Italy and Fascist Italy.
Which essay did you do for Fascism?

Which topic do you do for unit 2?

The one about the Church and traditional elites which was okay since I've done a similar essay before. You?
2C - suffragettes
Reply 6
Original post by artparty
The one about the Church and traditional elites which was okay since I've done a similar essay before. You?
2C - suffragettes

Yep I did that one too - I thought it was okay but there was such a huge time frame (1922-43 I think) that I found it hard to cover all the years...

We do Suffragettes too! I love the topic but I'm not so keen on the source questions...
Reply 7
Original post by lucyx
Yep I did that one too - I thought it was okay but there was such a huge time frame (1922-43 I think) that I found it hard to cover all the years...

We do Suffragettes too! I love the topic but I'm not so keen on the source questions...

I agree! I mainly focused on 1922-1930s so I'll probably get penalised for not talking about the war:frown:

Yeah me too, its definitely my weakness which is great because I'll be failing AS history :angry:

Quick Reply