The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE SPANISH -15th May

Scroll to see replies

Original post by DaKoolguy
I got 117/120 for my controlled assessments but I messed up the exams today :frown: what would I need roughly for an A grade??

C's in both of today's exams
Reply 121
Original post by Rup1999
I remember putting unemployment, immigration and drug addiction or something

DO you think that they would accept just drugs?
I put drugs too ! I was going to put addiction but the 1 word poverty stopped me
Can anyone guess the grade boundaries as an overall percentage including the coursework?
Original post by Rup1999
You'd need to get 270/300 overall for an A*

A v high B = 71/90
A*= 81-90/90
You'd need to get about 55/60 UMS in R & L

How did you work out the UMS for the controlled assessments? I've tried looking at the AQA website, but there is nothing.
I found it alright but definitely harder than normal and Spanish grade boundaries are normally low so I really think they would be for this one as well. For the bike question I said that the trail has to go across bumps and mountains do you think they'd accept that? Also for the jobs I said air hostess, shop assistant, HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (not sure about this one) and chef. Anyone else??
Original post by Marvin16
Can anyone guess the grade boundaries as an overall percentage including the coursework?

You can't just guess the grade boundary you need national averages and stuff
My course works are predominantly A and a*'s but I messed up my most recent one and scraped a b+ and couldn't be asked to redo (I should've) but what would that make my coursework mark overall?
Omg i just realised i spelt chef as Sheff, Will i still get the mark (Stupid i know)
Original post by littleheron
How did you work out the UMS for the controlled assessments? I've tried looking at the AQA website, but there is nothing.

The CA'S are unit 3 and 4, just enter your marks and it will give you the UMS (based on 2014)
I did awful at the listening exam. I couldn't understand it, but then again I did learn Spanish in one year.
I found reading quite easy, annoyed with the fact that I forgot what some words meant.

Posted from TSR Mobile
in my writing i got an A and a high B in my speaking a High B and in the reading and listening lets say i got 26/40 in the listening and 32/45 in the reading what would i most likely end up with?
Original post by Rup1999
The CA'S are unit 3 and 4, just enter your marks and it will give you the UMS (based on 2014)

Could you point me to a link? I can't see any Spanish GCSE 2014 option when I got to the AQA UMS converter.
I did the foundation papers and I found them quite simple. Though I heard the higher paper was evil and that came from the guy who is the top of the class. I have a feeling I have mucked mine up completly.
Original post by littleheron
Could you point me to a link? I can't see any Spanish GCSE 2014 option when I got to the AQA UMS converter.

http://www.aqa.org.uk/exams-administration/about-results/uniform-mark-scale/convert-marks-to-ums Here is the converter
I've gotten all A*s in mocks for Spanish and sometimes A's for listening but todays exam was the hardest! Does anyone else feel the same?
Original post by bellaap
I found it alright but definitely harder than normal and Spanish grade boundaries are normally low so I really think they would be for this one as well. For the bike question I said that the trail has to go across bumps and mountains do you think they'd accept that? Also for the jobs I said air hostess, shop assistant, HOTEL RECEPTIONIST (not sure about this one) and chef. Anyone else??

I put the same answers and I'm sure we are correct for that one
Original post by OhsoIntrovert
I've gotten all A*s in mocks for Spanish and sometimes A's for listening but todays exam was the hardest! Does anyone else feel the same?

I agree! My class is full of people likely to get A*'s and they all found it difficult!
Listening was awful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by OhsoIntrovert
I put the same answers and I'm sure we are correct for that one

Yayy :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending