The Student Room Group

Edexcel AS Geography exam 15.5.15

How did everyone find this exam? I did rebranding places and crowded coasts. The first coast question threw me a bit but i'm not sure about the others :s-smilie:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The figure question for Crowded Coasts?

I wrote about development onto fragile ecosystems in Florida e.g. Florida Keys, Everglades, lagoons; Tourism and human activities on the Dorset Jurassic Coast e.g. fossil hunting erodes shale cliffs, trampling of marram grass de-stabilizes sand dunes etc.; and coastal development at Dibden Bay e.g. oil spill on 1989 affected 800 birds, dredging to widen river for commercial shipping.

Idk how that'll do though.
Original post by Conor3

I wrote about development onto fragile ecosystems in Florida e.g. Florida Keys, Everglades, lagoons; Tourism and human activities on the Dorset Jurassic Coast e.g. fossil hunting erodes shale cliffs, trampling of marram grass de-stabilizes sand dunes etc.; and coastal development at Dibden Bay e.g. oil spill on 1989 affected 800 birds, dredging to widen river for commercial shipping.

That sounds much better than mine!
I just wrote about the conflicts between different stakeholders like environmentalists, industry and tourists, and wrote a bit about coastal squeeze, hopefully along the right lines but I doubt it was a good answer:frown:
Original post by Conor3

i know i wrote about similar issues in dibden bay foot path erosion, but the thing is that you have to keep referring back to the figure which was kind of hard because they were so generic. i'm not sure how i did probably a 5 :frown:
Original post by CharlotteRL
I just wrote about the conflicts between different stakeholders like environmentalists, industry and tourists, and wrote a bit about coastal squeeze, hopefully along the right lines but I doubt it was a good answer:frown:

omg i pretty much wrote exactly what you did
Reply 5
Original post by CharlotteRL

I didn't cover much about stakeholders which will probably feature in the mark scheme, so I'm sure you did better than you think.
I thought the arrows and the picture on top were confusing coz i kept trying to match them up and that wasted lots of time....

Posted from TSR Mobile
did anyone stubble finishing, i was on my last question when time was up. it really annoys me how tight the time limits are, i swear a mark an minute does not work for exam questions.
Original post by kippykipkip
I thought the arrows and the picture on top were confusing coz i kept trying to match them up and that wasted lots of time....

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't like the diagram either, I didn't know how to use it to structure my answer so I feel like my structure is very poor:frown:
Reply 9
I didn't like that question either! Neither does anyone I have spoken to so expect low grade boundaries hopefully? I did crowded coasts and rebranding too. I also didn't like the 15 marker on rebranding about the results and conclusion and wasn't a fan of the heritage and culture question.
Basically didn't like that exam!
Reply 10
did anyone not use the figure for the rebranding culture and heritage question?! I'm so worried becasue i misread and didnt actually look at the source but i did talk about culture/heritage centres and job creation, would this get me a few marks?
Reply 11
Original post by iJAKE
did anyone not use the figure for the rebranding culture and heritage question?! I'm so worried becasue i misread and didnt actually look at the source but i did talk about culture/heritage centres and job creation, would this get me a few marks?

Im pretty sure you can get up to a band 2 still even if you haven't used the figure, don't worry!
Reply 12
Original post by abipars
Im pretty sure you can get up to a band 2 still even if you haven't used the figure, don't worry!

i really hope so its just that i read a mark scheme that said 0 if figure not referred to; so im hoping they credit mine
Original post by Conor3

Did it ask for examples. I thought we had to refer to the source i.e. norfolk :confused::confused::confused:
Reply 14
Original post by ridwan12
Did it ask for examples. I thought we had to refer to the source i.e. norfolk :confused::confused::confused:

It didn't ask for examples don't worry!
Original post by abipars
It didn't ask for examples don't worry!

Almost panicked for a second lol
Original post by ridwan12

I didn't include examples either I just referred to the source and Norfolk :smile:
I basically screwed up on the rebranding fieldwork and research question. I wrote about fieldwork and research instead of the conclusions, however I did put a bit about conclusions. Praying that it is enough for me to get at least a B :/
The rebranding 15 marker was so annoying, obviously we'd only visited places that had already been rebranded, I knew all the stuff to put in but it was hard to name an actual place
Original post by iJAKE

I didn't use the source either it completely slipped my mind because I was rushing so much but hopefully it won't matter too much

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending