The Student Room Group

Geog2 AQA Geographical Skills 15th May 2015

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for previous years? I stupidly left out that 2mark line drawing question for the flow lines and I was wondering how much you can afford to lose and get an A :/
Reply 421
Also did anyone else struggle to find shallford or was it just me?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Allie47
Does anyone know the grade boundaries for previous years? I stupidly left out that 2mark line drawing question for the flow lines and I was wondering how much you can afford to lose and get an A :/

Last year you had to get 33/50 for an A. i wouldn't worry about it as it was just 2 marks :smile:
Original post by Allie47

I did the paper last year and I got 46/60 and that was an A x
Original post by tomscfc999
hi, hope everyone found the paper ok. Surprising to see 2 x 8 mark questions in the fieldwork section as the highest mark question has usually been 6 in the past. didn't think the paper was that bad overall, definitely better than last years (i resat the exam today)

Same. Last year I came out of the exam and everyone said it was easy. I found it difficult and that reflected in my grade (C)

Today I was quite happy when I came out. Hopefully it will show on results day.
Original post by Mills23
I did the paper last year and I got 46/60 and that was an A x

Swear it's out of 50

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 426
Wouldn't it be tou need 80% to get an A? So that would be 40/50.....I'm guessing since the grade boundaries are going to be high this year, it would be somewhere near that mark for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 427
Original post by tomscfc999
Last year you had to get 33/50 for an A. i wouldn't worry about it as it was just 2 marks :smile:

Haha thats good-though in pretty sure that wasn't the only question I lost marks on! 😖 thanks!
Original post by azzax
Wouldn't it be tou need 80% to get an A? So that would be 40/50.....I'm guessing since the grade boundaries are going to be high this year, it would be somewhere near that mark for an A

Posted from TSR Mobile

Most people found it hard! They are normally 34/35 for an A
Original post by azzax

Posted from TSR Mobile

You would think but the last 3 years for the June exams have been 34,32 and 33 so 40 would be a bit steep of a mark increase I think? You should be able to get an A in this exam quite easily :smile:
Did anyone else find it harder than last years?
Reply 431
It's kind of worrying that I found this paper quite hard and everyone else came out saying it was an easier one...
Reply 432
Original post by hpiercey3
You would think but the last 3 years for the June exams have been 34,32 and 33 so 40 would be a bit steep of a mark increase I think? You should be able to get an A in this exam quite easily :smile:

Maybe...if that's the case, it would be really easy to get an A. :smile:
Not that it matters much since its only worth 30% of the total grade.
Reply 433
Original post by SubwayLover1
Most people found it hard! They are normally 34/35 for an A

Really?! :redface:
I thought most people found it straight forward......
Original post by treflop1234
Wasn't it "Describe one technique you used" not describe how? since that would basically be the answer to the second part

i remember how . maybe i phrased the question wrong from the actual thing.
Original post by azzax
Maybe...if that's the case, it would be really easy to get an A. :smile:
Not that it matters much since its only worth 30% of the total grade.

Yeah and it wasn't a hard exam this year so I would expect 34/35 out of 50 as a reasonable grade boundary? I think the main things people will lose marks on will be the 2 mark map q and maybe the last one?

Haha exactly! It is funny how it works out - In my mock I did an hour on the 2 core topics and got an E (not proud of it at all - no revision) then did the Unit 2 and got 48/50 and somehow that ended up as a B? Wierd. Oh well I re-did the mock and got that beloved A... lets hope it can be replicated!
Original post by Mxrph
Also did anyone else struggle to find shallford or was it just me?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

i did at first and then i was stressing out and then i looked at the bold writing which was in a white box which had shallford on it.
Reply 437
Original post by hpiercey3
Yeah and it wasn't a hard exam this year so I would expect 34/35 out of 50 as a reasonable grade boundary? I think the main things people will lose marks on will be the 2 mark map q and maybe the last one?

Haha exactly! It is funny how it works out - In my mock I did an hour on the 2 core topics and got an E (not proud of it at all - no revision) then did the Unit 2 and got 48/50 and somehow that ended up as a B? Wierd. Oh well I re-did the mock and got that beloved A... lets hope it can be replicated!

Yeah that sounds about right :smile:
Yeah those two questions and obviously we've ll probably made at least one silly mistake :')

hahah yeah!! :smile: I'm just hoping that I did good on the first paper since that holds majority of the marks. Of course I'd like an A on this paper :smile:
People are getting 30.01 or something similar around 30 because they didn't put all the 1's in 111556.22/12

I made this mistake at first and then when I went back to check I had put into the calculator 11556.22/12

The correct answer is 90.0 something
Original post by azzax
Yeah that sounds about right :smile:
Yeah those two questions and obviously we've ll probably made at least one silly mistake :':wink:

hahah yeah!! :smile: I'm just hoping that I did good on the first paper since that holds majority of the marks. Of course I'd like an A on this paper :smile:

Of course I'd love lower.. :smile: Definitely I think the q asking to describe the trend with work I didnt write enough for six marks, but oh well if everything else goes well!

haha same or maybe even an A on both? :wink: What topics did you do? I thought in particular population was fairly straight forward

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending