The Student Room Group

Aqa english literature unit 1: Modern texts

Hi everyone!
I have my first English lit exam on Monday and I was just wondering if anyone has any tips or advice they can lend on how to achieve the top band. I am studying TKAM and The Crucible. Thanks in advance! :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi me too! What are you thinking the questions will be? I'm quite nervous! :redface:
Original post by JPWells123
Hi me too! What are you thinking the questions will be? I'm quite nervous! :redface:

Oh I'm extremely nervous! I'm not too sure but perhaps Danforth may come up?
That would be great actually I can think of some things to say about him :smile: how about TKAM? That's gonna be a real pain I can tell - how've your exams been so far?
That would be great actually I can think of some things to say about him :smile: how about TKAM? That's gonna be a real pain I can tell - how've your exams been so far?

Yeah I think Danforth is a great character! So much to talk about! Hmm TKAM can be completely random! I have no idea! Maybe aunt Alexandra? Has she come up before? They have been surprisingly good- thanks for asking? How's yours been doing? I'm sure they've gone great?
That would be great... For some reason I feel strongest with Danforth and Alexandra, would be good! But of course the exam gods aren't going to make that happen for us are they (thanks aqa :wink: ) well done, good luck in all the rest of yours. They're okay thank you, some went better than others I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile
That would be great... For some reason I feel strongest with Danforth and Alexandra, would be good! But of course the exam gods aren't going to make that happen for us are they (thanks aqa :wink: ) well done, good luck in all the rest of yours. They're okay thank you, some went better than others I think!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you! You too I'm sure you'll do amazingly :biggrin:
By the way, what poem cluster are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
By the way, what poem cluster are you doing? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Relationships. You?
I'm doing conflict. Hopefully the good poems will come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I study TKAM too, I think Aunt Alexandra has already come up unfortunately! I have a feeling Calpurnia might come up, I hope so anyway. Have you seen this website: http://www.gradesaver.com/to-kill-a-mockingbird/study-guide/themes
It's pretty much saved my life!
anyone have any ideas which poems from Conflict could come up!!??
I'm doing conflict. Hopefully the good poems will come up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha we can only wish :biggrin: what subjects are you taking? How are you finding them?
Does anyone know how to structure the exam answer to The Crucible and how can I achieve the top marks?
Original post by Louise Tennent
Does anyone know how to structure the exam answer to The Crucible and how can I achieve the top marks?

Haha this is my exact question! You need to talk about language/form/structure and how this is used by Miller to present ideas/themes and attitudes. I have an exemplar essay that achieved full marks if you want it?
Original post by saratheawesome1
Haha this is my exact question! You need to talk about language/form/structure and how this is used by Miller to present ideas/themes and attitudes. I have an exemplar essay that achieved full marks if you want it?

Thank you, that is really helpful and yes please, that would be great
Here it is!
Reply 18
I'm studying TKAM also, along with the short stories! I'm so worried!:s-smilie:
I'm doing Kindertransport and Mister Pip - predicted A*! I don't think there are many people do my books and there's no study guides :frown:

Quick Reply