The Student Room Group

Should London underground implement women's only coach?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dani t
maybe we should have quiet carriages that anyone can use, like on trains, or just make sure there are enough seats for those who need it the most to sit down

maybe; quiet carriages would be too difficult to have since there's just so many people. I agree with more spacious trains with more seats, and that would be great. I think more trains on the overground and cheaper prices for it could alleviate some of the presh too.
Original post by supreme overlord
Please don't assume just because you'd be fine with someone touching you without permission that everyone will. Rape survivors? People with severe anxiety? 'it's just a bit of someone you don't know touching your body in an intimate way ha ha get over it what's that you're having a panic attack just chill'

Way to turn my joke into a grisly debate :h:

I never said I was ****ing fine, did I? No one in their right mind would be fine with groping :rolleyes:. How you got a whole paragraph out of my one sentence astounds me. And I don't care if anyone agrees with you, they couldn't even bother to make their own post, they just hide behind reps to gas some guy into being an internet hero about this stupid subject. :laugh:
Original post by Feline_Nymphet

I never said I was ****ing fine, did I? No one in their right mind would be fine with groping :rolleyes:. How you got a whole paragraph out of my one sentence astounds me. And I don't care if anyone agrees with you, they couldn't even bother to make their own post, they just hide behind reps to gas some guy into being an internet hero about this stupid subject. :laugh:

****ing hilarious mate.
Original post by Guills on wheels
maybe; quiet carriages would be too difficult to have since there's just so many people. I agree with more spacious trains with more seats, and that would be great. I think more trains on the overground and cheaper prices for it could alleviate some of the presh too.

I sincerely doubt anyone is going to remodel trains for all that money just to cut down groping. In all my days on the train I've never seen groping nor experienced it. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it certainly isn't that serious of an issue for the whole transport system to be flipped on its head. If people want to cut down groping, segregating or creating more room doesn't make sense. Pervs will find their way. And what happens when men grope other men? :yawn:
Original post by seaholme
I went to a gym where they had women's only every Thursday evening between 7-8pm or something, for whichever flowery hearted ladies couldn't face the idea of the opposite gender being in the same room, and I can tell you that at 7pm all the guys left looking pissed off and at 8pm they came back, and the only women in the gym were the ones who were there in the first place anyway. Literally the most pointless thing.

These men sound dumb ngl

Okaaaaaay.... so if you aren't okay with it why even say that.. o.o
Okaaaaaay.... so if you aren't okay with it why even say that.. o.o

It's called dark humour/sarcasm :facepalm2:

And you know what. If I was okay with it.

And what?

What're you gonna do about it?
It's called dark humour/sarcasm :facepalm2:

And you know what. If I was okay with it.

And what?

What're you gonna do about it?

Not a thing. That's up to you. Just don't try to say the same for other women.

Dark humour/sarcasm? It can't be both. Are you sure you understand what these mean?
I sincerely doubt anyone is going to remodel trains for all that money just to cut down groping. In all my days on the train I've never seen groping nor experienced it. Not saying it doesn't happen, but it certainly isn't that serious of an issue for the whole transport system to be flipped on its head. If people want to cut down groping, segregating or creating more room doesn't make sense. Pervs will find their way. And what happens when men grope other men? :yawn:

do you even live in london?

the trains get updated every 4 years or so, in a staggered way so there's pretty much something that's changing. They recently added an extra carriage onto some overground lines...

it's about discussion. it's about the what-ifs and that's pretty valuable. It wouldn't be the whole transport system being flipped on it's head. It'd be another improvement along with all the others that are constantly happening across London.

Obviously, the idealistic solution is to educate people from an early age about male entitlement; but since we're here and now and ME is ****ing rife, we can't be idealists. Only rich privileged white kids can be idealists. So this discussion actually has value.

Sorry... does that actually happen? Men groping other men? I've never ever ever heard any discussion of it before you mentioned it...
Original post by GnomeMage
So women wont feel uncomfortable especially during peak hour where everyone squeeze against each other.

Posted from TSR Mobile
no way could this be enforced at peak hour. all the rules of a civilised society are ignored at peak hour.

the trains get updated every 4 years or so, in a staggered way so there's pretty much something that's changing. They recently added an extra carriage onto some overground lines...

it's about discussion. it's about the what-ifs and that's pretty valuable. It wouldn't be the whole transport system being flipped on it's head. It'd be another improvement along with all the others that are constantly happening across London.

Obviously, the idealistic solution is to educate people from an early age about male entitlement; but since we're here and now and ME is ****ing rife, we can't be idealists. Only rich privileged white kids can be idealists. So this discussion actually has value.

Sorry... does that actually happen? Men groping other men? I've never ever ever heard any discussion of it before you mentioned it...

Tl; dr. :h:

Dark humour/sarcasm? It can't be both. Are you sure you understand what these mean?

When did I say anything for anyone or any women? I literally only said "aint nuthin wrong wit a lil gropin" and put a smiley. Clearly it was dark humour/sarcasm. They can be both, who do you think you are again? Oh, on a rep quest. Have at it then, pal.

to be honest I found it hilarious #ROFL #LMFAO #ROFLMAO
Original post by Llamageddon
no way could this be enforced at peak hour. all the rules of a civilised society are ignored at peak hour.

rep for the name and rep because in a way unfortunately you are right.

if i could rep this post i would
Tl; dr. :h:

When did I say anything for anyone or any women? I literally only said "aint nuthin wrong wit a lil gropin" and put a smiley. Clearly it was dark humour/sarcasm. They can be both, who do you think you are again? Oh, on a rep quest. Have at it then, pal.

well **** me you're lazy.
if i could rep this post i would

cheers mate should be revising though :/
Original post by EatAndRevise
Of course not.

Should London Underground implement a men's only coach?

So men won't feel uncomfortable especially during peak hour where everyone squeezes against each other.

well...once there's a...a ...female...only coach then....inevitably..there...will be a ...male's only coach...:K: so....yea...
well **** me you're lazy.

Course not. I've written posts longer than yours, I just refuse to get into an argument with a silly pud about this stupidness. You need to calm down, it's not that serious. You're acting like you're getting groped. Ah...the things people e-agree with and advocate for reps :daydreaming:
Course not. I've written posts longer than yours, I just refuse to get into an argument with a silly pud about this stupidness. You need to calm down, it's not that serious. You're acting like you're getting groped. Ah...the things people e-agree with and advocate for reps :daydreaming:

what is your obsesh with people trying to get reps?

seriously who the **** gives a **** about reps?

you're right though, this is just some ****ty forum for people who are basically you.
well...once there's a...a ...female...only coach then....inevitably..there...will be a ...male's only coach...:K: so....yea...

how?

Quick Reply

Latest