The Student Room Group

Gcse PE Edexcel 2015

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Alkus16
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:

If you got 50/50 which is 120 UMS that's a C and you need 180 UMS for an A* overall so 60 marks☺️
Omgg it was horrible I really wanted an A* so much, but I feel like I got a C!
I found this paper easy in comparison to past papers :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by tahlia_shanay
Yeah, honestly I found it hard, it was so vague, like the gymnast one, do they really need reaction time and it wasn't clear what they wanted in each question

I've noticed now, Edexcel PE exams genuinely have some very badly worded questions - when I read past mark schemes for certain questions it gives such a straightforward response and yet the question itself was so vague.
As for the reaction time though, the stimulus was the beam - the gymnast had to 'react' to the beam and adjust her footing quickly to land on it properly.
Original post by Jordyn1999
If you got 50/50 which is 120 UMS that's a C and you need 180 UMS for an A* overall so 60 marks☺️

No they would need 60 UMS points not marks. It depends on the grade boundaries this year , but if it was 2014s paper they would only need like an A so around 50marks I think or less
If I got 45/50 for practical what would I need in the exam to get an A*?
Original post by Muaaz98
I've noticed now, Edexcel PE exams genuinely have some very badly worded questions - when I read past mark schemes for certain questions it gives such a straightforward response and yet the question itself was so vague.
As for the reaction time though, the stimulus was the beam - the gymnast had to 'react' to the beam and adjust her footing quickly to land on it properly.

Lool I wrote any obstacles, do u think I would get the mark lol
Reply 47
I also put peptide hormones in the revision guide it states you have to know EPO and HGH
How do u guys think I did
The questions were very hard and vague I found it! And all my year agreed
Original post by Alkus16
Do you know what would I need to have got in the exam if i got an a* in the course work and practical section?:smile:

We got told that based on last years grade boundries with full marks on coursework and practical I would need 57/80
What did people put for the question on why the gymnast needs reaction time?
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 52
Shk
OP
Original post by Fishmonger-uk
Omgg it was horrible I really wanted an A* so much, but I feel like I got a C!

I know me too! Ive always found PE quite easy until today... :frown:
Original post by t.thompson22
I found this paper easy in comparison to past papers :biggrin:

I found it easy too!
Original post by goharis123
For the Olympic weightlifter wanting to carry more weight was the peptide hormones or narcotic analgesics? (Multiple choice question)

Narcotic analgesics
Reply 55
Original post by butterfly99

I wrote about how the Gymnast should have a good reaction time to be able to return her feet to the beam quickly after performing the position so she remains on the beam - wbu?
Original post by 0799NCB
I wrote about how the Gymnast should have a good reaction time to be able to return her feet to the beam quickly after performing the position so she remains on the beam - wbu?

I put that she needs to react to the beam and to make sure she lands correctly!
Reply 57

Everyone's saying about losing their balance on the beam, but I put about on a dismount how she has to land quickly or something. I was like 'why the hell does a gymnast need reaction time!?'
I think I did pretty badly, probably got like 40 :frown: all I want is an A
Reply 58
I put that she needs to react to the beam and to make sure she lands correctly!

I think that is right!
can't have found it that easy, you got that one wrong
peptide hormones, specifically human growth hormone

Quick Reply

Latest