The Student Room Group

English Literature May 15 2015 Exam. AQA

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MSeriki_
haha no its out of 45!! its out of 45 for each question total marks is 90

ohhh dear i'm talking about the wrong exam...sorry...please ignore everything i've said:colondollar:
Reply 21
Original post by blackdiamond97
Sorry, didn't see the other reply :colondollar:

Question 5 was easier to talk about because 'Laughter' is so different to the other poems. To be fair the poems needed for question 4 I didn't revise

Posted from TSR Mobile

yeah ikr
question 4 was a bit ambiguous but i revised more on Stafford girls high because i had a strange feeling that it would come up just because its the longest poem and the last one hahah! :biggrin:
Reply 22
Original post by thehollowcrown
ohhh dear i'm talking about the wrong exam...sorry...please ignore everything i've said:colondollar:

its cool no worries
I was told that the laughter poem wouldn't be named and I was clueless to what sisterhood consists of haha

Section A, however, was glorious
Reply 24
Section A went fairly well, hardly wrote about the extract on it's self though, but feel like I did some good links.
What even was section B? For feminine gospels my teacher told us they weren't allowed to name Laughter of Stafford Girls High because its too long to analyse:/
I felt that Section A went better, I like my links but I'm not sure if they were strong enough. Section B was a disaster I didn't leave myself enough time for it and it felt rushed, also one of my English teachers didn't go over that part of the paper with us so we were going in blind. I don't hold much hope for results day :frown:
Original post by MSeriki_
ooo i cant help you on that one hhaha, is that Maya Angelou? because i did Carol Ann Duffy

... No? I have no idea who that is. But I did do Carol Ann Duffy, The Glass Menagerie and Girl With a Pearl Earring for my coursework.
Original post by thehollowcrown
sorry yeah hahaha i'm all hyper so idk what im even saying lol

I was too after the exam, haha I think it's because you go crazy with all the interpretations. :tongue:
Original post by TheonlyMrsHolmes
I was too after the exam, haha I think it's because you go crazy with all the interpretations. :tongue:

completely, head's full of nonsense! :smile:
Reply 29
Laughter of Stafford girls high hasn't come up in the past so it was very likely to come up this year especially seeing as it was our last exam of the struggle for identity. I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?
Reply 30
Original post by ancienthistory
I was told that the laughter poem wouldn't be named and I was clueless to what sisterhood consists of haha

Section A, however, was glorious

The laughter of Stafford girls high has never come up in the past so it was likely to come up this year, I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?
Reply 31
Original post by xoxrach
Section A went fairly well, hardly wrote about the extract on it's self though, but feel like I did some good links.
What even was section B? For feminine gospels my teacher told us they weren't allowed to name Laughter of Stafford Girls High because its too long to analyse:/

Yeaa that exam was slightly dodgy the extract didn't give enough for good analysis you had to reallllllyyy juice it out. And section B our teachers predicted that it would come up, so you did question 4 I presume
Reply 32
Original post by ClockworkPaws
... No? I have no idea who that is. But I did do Carol Ann Duffy, The Glass Menagerie and Girl With a Pearl Earring for my coursework.

Which collection did you study ? We did feminine gospels
Original post by Jaay_
The laughter of Stafford girls high has never come up in the past so it was likely to come up this year, I'm glad you found section A good, what did you link it to?

My teacher was misinformed that it wouldn't be used as a named poem, I think a few centres were at some teacher training

I linked it to (may sound bad)
-A Woman Of No Importance, Wilde (female oppression)
-Refugee Blues, W.H. Auden (hypocricy)
-The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald (contrasts drive for female rights)
(edited 8 years ago)
I did the weird extract on eminent victorians and tennyson it was so hard! I couldn't think of any wider reading.
Reply 36
Original post by ancienthistory
My teacher was misinformed that it wouldn't be used as a named poem, I think a few centres were at some teacher training

I linked it to (may sound bad)
-A Woman Of No Importance, Wilde (female oppression)
-Refugee Blues, W.H. Auden (hypocricy)
-The Great Gatsby, Fitzgerald (contrasts drive for female rights)

They sound like good links I think you did well!! All we can do is wait for results day , good luck !! :biggrin::biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest